Inactive TFC is not a valid Win32 application

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer has started running slower after my Trend Micro Anti virus program subscription ran out. While Googling a few processes from my task manager to see what they where and if the files where in the right place I found that Spy Bot S&D had been placed on my computer without me putting it there so I started to worry a little bit. I ran across your 8 step guide to removing viruses and malware. After I am now trying to perform step 2 but when I open the downloaded TFC.exe file I am receiving C:\username\downloads\TFC.exe is not a valid Win32 application error.

I Tried Deleting, re-downloading, and then pulling the file to the desktop but that was also no good.

My OS is Windows 7.

Welcome aboard
yahooo.gif

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

Run this instead of TFC....

Download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Unselect Cookies.
Click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox browser
Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Unselect Cookies.

If you use Opera browser
Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Unselect Cookies.

Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back