Thank you, Steve Walton

Stark

Hi
I have been using the same PC for quite a few years, FX 8350, 8GB ram (originally had GTX 570) etc,
Finally decided to build a new one cause I had the budget >.<
Its not complete its missing ARGB on back and top fans but will sort it out in few days.
Steve's inputs through his reviews and reply really helped me.
I will post build experience too, later but for now thanks for the help and the guidance cause it really reduced my headache and effort. Sorry am not on any "social" platforms, (am old) but I will post this with build log on Reddit.
Here the Pic:
IMG_20181209_212220_zps0cfe26td.jpg
https://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad91/kiuske/IMG_20181209_212220_zps0cfe26td.jpg

Last edited:
And I forgot to mention , RAM they actually are falling hence the build and Steve was right.
I am great-full they are falling; as many others will be too.

P.S its weekend am enjoying my build with some rum so ignore the post if its not upto the mark >.<

Last edited:
Okay So here is the Build experience:

Ryzen 2700x
Corsair vengeance PRO RGB (8GB x 4) 32 GB RAM
MSI B450 Carbon pro AC
MSI Gaming X 1060 6GB
Transcend 250GB SSD with WD blue 1TBx2 and Seagate 2TB
Antec High current Gamer 900 watt power supply
Cooler master MB530P case
LG Ultra wide 2560x1080 monitor 34.2 inches

Now coming to the processor it’s a blast, enough has been said about it so I wont take much of your time on this.

Here is the link of cpuz verification of it doing 4.1 on all core and other system specs:

https://valid.x86.fr/x3dlt0

RAM compatibility is vastly improved with new Agesa 1.0.0.6, Motherboard had no issues running all 4 sticks on rated speed even at XMP. And here's the kicker, they are all individual sticks as a pack of 4 costed almost double so I ended up buying these together while on sale. I know I violated quite a few sacred laws of PC master Race by doing so but I like my RAM on sale. They were easily overclocked to 3200MHz by selecting the speed in BIOS after applying xmp (do this for proper voltage to RAM in overclock mode). Also I can tighten the timings to CL 15. If anything they may prevent the CPU from hitting 4.3 GHz on all core but anyway with precision boost it hits 4.2/4.3 GHz frequently while gaming so its great anyway.

Read more about it here:

https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/11/27/asdasd

I would say this RAM is RAM don’t fret too much over it just buy same brand same speed and you are good to go.

Motherboard is also great with so many features it does punches above its weight. Integrated dual band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Nihimic sound which by the way is really great with all it’s settings and tweak-ability.

With 9 phase power it can handle an overclocked 2700 with no issues, Vortez did a great piece on that: https://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/msi_b450_gaming_pro_carbon_ac_review,1.html

This motherboard was rated best in class by Techspot.

Now coming to the issues I faced:

Voltage is locked if you set the speed manually in BIOS for CPU even if AMD “cool’n’quite” in enabled.

MSI says it's a feature so as to not suffer from degraded performance but I feel its just a way to make system feel more responsive which we can do by going into High Performance power plan in windows. There is not need to pump 1.35 volts continuously to CPU even when its in idle. You can just leave settings at default and it will go down to 0.800 volts in idle.

MSI Drivers are good but with all this UWP from Microsoft some issues are there, my system just got hung up on windows blue logo and rotating dots quite a few times. The issue crept up intermittently and abruptly while rebooting. The HDD led were blinking and system did not froze, rather those dots kept rotating for hours at times.

After many resets and install of various windows version I noticed it was more prominent after driver install.

So I disabled all the non Microsoft services from the MSCONFIG utility and now I boot into windows at lightning speeds. It was the Intel Wlan/Bluetooth services which were causing the system to hang. Drivers were latest from MSI.

Other than these two things every thing went like a dream, cable management was made easy with that back cover in case but space is quite tight given its dimensions as smaller than a mid tower. But it looks beautiful though. ARGB sync was good (tip: you can hook upto 6 fans on single header on motherboard as its rated for 3 amp and one CM Argb fan needs 0.34 volts for LED). For fans I used JRAINBOW header as its rated for 5 volts, and for CPU cooler use any of JRGB 1 or 2 as they are rated for 12 volts, the case even had RGB extension cable.

So that's it thanks for the time and reading, hope this helps anyone in doubt about things/issues about their build.

Back