The battery about to die?

[FONT=Times New Roman]I got a sony erricsson Xperia X10 for over a year and now the battery life become awful. If I plugged it in through night then unpluged it at 7 am, but it was about to 0% by 11 am and I was getting a warn to recharge it. This has been really awful. I don't use it as my basic phone already so there are only several apps on the phone. The email wasn't set to push and I only refresh the emails when I want to check them, so its saving some battery, I have done the same with facebook, and the weather. These are the only apps on my X10. I was told to get a new extra battery probabaly a mpj one. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Wondering whether the battery is the culprit and my stock one is going to die completely?[/FONT]

Yeah, battery might be dying. Google a "android reset battery stats" method and see if it will help.

Lithium-ion batteries, and all batteries in general, are considered "consumables" like paper and ink is to printers. Lithium-ion batteries have special charging conditions that can extend their life. Some say to charge these batteries often after less than 40% has been used... and to store a Lithium-ion battery at 40% charge. Old school says to let the battery drain completely before charging. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab that is just over a year old and the Lithium-ion battery is shot. It was charged always when the battery was completely drained

Ditto to all above, and you'd better choose some brand-name batteries. Oems can be iffy and may not hold a charge even well as the stock battery. My friend got one battery from ebay out there that not good.

Back