The best game purchase you have ever made

Xclusiveitalian

What was the best game purchase you have ever made?

For me it came down to 5 games,
Diablo I & II
Guild wars
Battlefield 2
Call of Duty 1(With United Offensive Expansion)

It was really a hard choice between the "best" game I ever purchased but when I really stopped and thought about total game hours played, laughs, good times, moments, stuff I remember, Battlefield 2 definitely was my best game purchase ever, followed by call of duty 1, Diablo 1, Diablo II, and then guild wars.

PS2 Silver ($51)
Bully (Came with PS2)
God of War 1/2 (Came with PS2)
Front Mission 4 ($2)
Xenosaga 1/2 ($1/$4)
Rogue Galaxy ($1)
Midnight Club 3 (Came with PS2)
Armored Core 3 ($.50)
Final Fantasy XII ($1)
Drakengard ($2)
Dark Cloud ($1)
Okage ($2)

Feels good.

Also, Team Fortress 2 (Nearly 900 Hours).

Half Life 2 and coordinating episode packs, Battlefield 2, Portal are the top three in my book.

lol that's what ROM files and emulation are for... props for 16-bit stuff though. i <3 the megadrive

i bought a couple of used sega game gear handhelds like a year or so ago, and i'm still hunting for a nomad (genesis portable) for my collection.

I have played too many games to call one outright the best game purchase, however the best game purchase on value alone is hands down the Orange Box imo. HL2 + HL2 Episode One + HL2 Episode Two + Team Fortress 2 and of course Portal. My only regret is not getting this when it first came out :( .

If I look at play time alone I've spent more hours in WoW + expansions then any other game. I'd have to say though my love/hate for this game is pretty close, luckily I've been WoW free for a year and a half!

Jedi Academy on PC. 717 recorded hours on XFire so far. 2nd place is Halo 2 PC. That one is awesome for other reasons besides it is as fun as JA.

In terms of hours played and fun had, I would definitely have to say Warcraft III and Counter-Strike. I've been playing those two for so many years without many breaks... probably the most valuable gaming decisions I've ever made.

Console game ... Super Smash Brothers (N64) ... the original Legend of Zelda (NES) is a close second.

PC game ... Age of Empires II ... if anyone has fought "The Duke" custom AI, then you understand. lol

Streetfighter 2 and 2 new 6 button controllers for the megadrive.
Or...
Super mario world and a new snes.

Quake I demo CD for PC many years ago. Those who had this know why.

Thief: The Dark Project. Amazing story line that rivals anything made since. The loss of Looking Glass Studios (who also gave us System Shock 2) is keenly felt.

Baldurs Gate 1 + plus the excellent expansion CD Tales of the Sword Coast. Durlag's Tower anyone? :evil:

Baldur's Gate 2 -- enough said.

Divine Divinity

The Gothic Series

EQ

For me, the best AND worst game purchase had to be EverQuest. I was so addicted to that game that I would lug my desktop and monitor to family holiday gatherings. I would install it on the lab PCs at college and play between classes (and often skip classes to play).

I think I played it for a good 5 years straight (from Beta til sometime around EQ2) and was one of the top bards on my server (if not in the game). That sort of dedication though means that you aren't spending that time elsewhere (like hanging out with friends, in class, etc). So it was a love/hate.

DCUO is looking to be almost as good, but only time will truly tell that tale.

I will have to say star wars tie fighter back in the early early 90s. It turned me into the gamer that i am today, which can be a good or bad thing, but what an enjoyable game! as a kid i played that thing all night long after coming home from school. it had so much replayability value.

I like the Total war series. My favorite one is Rome total war and then Empire. I like being in control of a couple thousand soldiers. Right now im playing Napoleon total war but I think the other two I mentioned are better games.

Duke nukem 3d

Warcraft 2

Wolfentstien

Diablo 1

Diablo 2

Super mario bros 1, 2, 3 snes one as well

Zelda for snes

Mario Cart snes

Rampage for nes (I was like 6 this game entertained me for hours)

Street Fighter 2

Nes Double dragons

Nes Contra

Nes Kirby

Ps1-2 Tekken 2-3

Dreamcast Soulcalibur

N64 Turok 2, Nfl Blitz, Goldeneye

I had the quake 1 demo cd it was epic, the fallout demo blew me away but I didnt get chance to own it until about 10 years later and by then it was way to outdated.

Back