The Best Laptops 2021

Really sad state of affairs if you guys can only make ONE AMD based laptop recommendation when we know that almost by any measure that you yourselves report on Ryzen 5000 chips are just way better.

I know I mostly skip laptop content now because everybody tells me how good the Ryzen laptops are but then go back to recommending and reviewing only intel laptops. I understand you probably depend on review samples for a lot of them but it is starting to feel like there's a consistent effort to suppress Ryzen laptops.

I got a TUF A15 TUF506QE-MS74 15.6" Laptop for $1099.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.0GHz Processor
NVIDIA GeForce 3050 Ti 4GB GDDR6
16GB DDR4-3200 RAM
512GB Solid State Drive

I don't plan to use it for gaming. I plan to use it to help my father do a podcast. However, It's definitely powerful enough to take on vacation and do Steam gaming. Moreso than the Steamdeck.

I have been using the XPS15 for over 3 years now and still love it. The XPS13 does look compelling though.

Really sad state of affairs if you guys can only make ONE AMD based laptop recommendation when we know that almost by any measure that you yourselves report on Ryzen 5000 chips are just way better.

I count several Ryzen recommendations in the article, many of these are configurable with AMD CPUs as noted in the text. Dell doesn't seem to be playing nice with AMD though and that takes away two major categories.

This repair shop gets a couple HP Spectres in for repair each day:

I have been selling Lenovo Thinkpad E series for a number of years now and I have never sent one back yet. Zero failures. That's a good laptop in my opinion. They are pricey tho'...

I got a TUF A15 TUF506QE-MS74 15.6" Laptop for $1099.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.0GHz Processor
NVIDIA GeForce 3050 Ti 4GB GDDR6
16GB DDR4-3200 RAM
512GB Solid State Drive

I don't plan to use it for gaming. I plan to use it to help my father do a podcast. However, It's definitely powerful enough to take on vacation and do Steam gaming. Moreso than the Steamdeck.

You can EASILIY use that machine for gaming, and have a great time at 1080p using high details (bar a few notable exceptions), so whatever you fancy :) Congrats on the laptop, I'm sure it will serve you well.

Another shout for Lenovo here - the X1 Carbon is an ultra light beast. I run Linux Mint on mine, it's rock solid, handles multiple VMs, light gaming, put a 512GB micro SD card in for archival storage, battery lasts for ages, keyboard is a pleasure to type on... I honestly love this laptop, there's really very little not to like about it.

• Asus ROG Zephyrus G15.
  • Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Nano.
  • Asus ROG Zephyrus G14.
  • MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
  • HP Elite Dragonfly.
  • Lenovo Chromebook Duet.
  • Razer Book 13.
  • Razer Blade Pro 17.

Back