The Best Portable Apps for Your Software Toolbox

Bullwinkle M

Sometimes a few portable app's just isn't enough

Run a full copy of Windows from a thumb drive and take everything with you

Windows2Go, the only portable app you will ever need!

I definitely advocate for Everything, LibreOffice, MusicBee, AIMP, OBS , 7-zip and SumatraPDF. I actually use all of these apps in Portable mode and they do everything I need them to do. No bloat or unnecessary features either. The best of the best, to be honest. Special mention to Tixati as well.

koblongata

WinSCP really is god sent, used to make websites years ago and this client out of nowhere suddenly wanted some quick fix just days ago, and I remembered about WinSCP I used to work with that I put on Google cloud, damn, that portable WinSCP still works, and fixed my client in no time. Portable apps rule.

Zordon

My preference:
- File manager: Directory Opus
- Text editor: UltraEdit
- Compression tool: WinRAR
- Screen capture: FastStone Capture
- Internet browser: Brave

noXLar

Hey guys, I'm late to this thread.. (work). I wanted to post the things I use and come to use over the years.

Directory Opus (non-portable, but install+load your best config makes it as easy as portable...

- portable WinRAR
- portable Pongolin (Screen dimming)
- portable Light shot (capture everything with)
- Portable Chrome & Opera (but never use them) just in case stuff
- portable MPC-BE
- portable Aimp5
- portable PDF-XChange Viewer
- portable UltraFileSearch
- portable On-ScreenKeyboard
- portable Honeyview (picture viewer)
- portable Antispyware
- portable Messenger
- portable Transmission (torrent)
- portable Captura (desktop record)

Firefox portable (used this for at least 6-7 years (if new Windows or new system, it is always perfect configured, you only setup it once, countless add-ons and changes and it always stays the same)

Same goes for windows install, 80% of what I use is always "installed" they remain in D:\Progs\PortableAPPs partition. off course I have tons of other apps as portable, and some that can't be portable installed (not many)..

And no, no issues with app updates....
this is Directory Opus I use:
https://resource.dopus.com/t/about-the-screenshots-category/63