The computer has rebooted from a bug check; minidump files attached

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Like many others in this forum, I've been a victim of the BSODs and this has been an age old problem for me. It all started off when I used a P4 2.8 GHz, Intel 865 GBF chipset, 160 GB Sata HDD, 512 MB Cache, 512 MB RAM, 300KW PSU, Creative Sound Blaster audio card. I had many crashes back then, and reached a stage where the machine wouldn't start. I ended up changing my processor and mobo. I purchased a Core 2 Duo E4500, a Intel DG33FB mobo and a Zebronics 400KW PSU, rest being the same. Things were fine in the beginning until recently, when i started seeing computer crashes again. Every time I put the machine on for long, I have been getting these BSODs again. I have no clue whats happening, given that I'd invested in a new processor, mobo and PSU, just 2 months ago. I have attached 4 recent dump file. Pls let me know the culprit for this. I have a Zone Alarm firewall and Norton System Works 2003 in place. I have been using the creative sound blaster card since the beginning and I still have the old audio drivers till date. I suspect this could be the culprit, but looking to find the exact culprit and this problem forever.

Many thanks for taking time to read this and looking forward for help.

Thanks,
Sandeep

This is very suspiciously close to what bharat__gr8 has posted in two other threads right down to the hardware and the antivirus and firewall software versions...

All four of your minidumps - again - point to SYMTDI.SYS which is a driver for Norton In the mix in all four is cited vsmon.exe which is a driver for ZoneAlarm as peterdiva pointed out earlier and his suggestion was ZA needed to be updated.

Probably 1) ZA and Symantic are not playing nice and 2) You need serious upgrading to your security software.

Thanks much for your help Route44. Will try upgrading zone alarm and norton. If that doesnt work, I'll replace Norton with something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back