1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

The Cornerplay: Apple Watch gets native apps, but we have no idea why

By Jeffrey Yuwono ยท 5 replies
Nov 21, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Apple has shared a few more details about how the Apple Watch will work -- see here for a good summary. The most interesting part is Apple's intention to enable fully native apps on the watch. This does not necessarily...

Read more

2. Cuz they feel like it?

3. Rippleman

Rippleman TS Evangelist Posts: 737   +331

Anyone not in the Android fanboy club doesn't need a miniature powerhouse computer with 4k resolution in a 5" block of plastic. Basic functionality can be had for very little power and this could be what they are shooting for.

ikesmasher likes this.
  4. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,830   +1,143

I would only ever consider a smartwatch (even though thats not saying much, id barely consider it anyway) if it were able to function independently when there wasn't a phone around.

My problem with smartwatches in general is that I already have too many gadgets. Im trying to downsize myself to my phone, normal laptop, and maybe a tablet (with a digitizer for drawing). There really is not a single thing I need a smart watch for and its just another gadget (AND BATTERY) to keep track of,

5. Rippleman

Rippleman TS Evangelist Posts: 737   +331

same here. I see the appeal of what I WANT a watch to be/do, but currently its not technologically possible.. yet! :)

6. Littleczr

Littleczr TS Addict Posts: 439   +84

I have the iwatch sdk fire up as we speak. I think it's a great idea but a pricey one.