The Primary IDE Master: Not detected

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping someone could give me some advice on this
I have a Intel P4 running on a Asus P5P800MX motherboard. A few days ago my computer rebooted itself and crap just started to happen i tried to format my harddrive and reinstall window xp...... now i'm stuck. Windows setup said that it is unable to verify c drive and i can't get out of set up. I checked Bios and it saids this

Primary Ide master- not detected
Primary Ide slave- not detected
Secondary ide master- HL-DT-ST DVDRAMGS
Secondary ide slave- not detected
Third ide master- Maxtor 6V160E0
Third ide slave- not detected

Please help me out i just pick up this thing like a month ago... i would bring it back to the vendor but i just moved and i'm like a 24 hour drive away from them... sucks to be me

SATA Hard Drive?

Somewhere on the Motherboard CD there'll be SATA Drivers or similar, you have to make a Floppy, and hit F6 when Windows Install prompts you (right at the beginning). Then just follow the prompts.

If it is IDE, then it sounds like a jumper problem, or the drive is dead. have you pulled a drive out lately, or anything?

try running the manufacturers Diagnostic - another floppy! and see if it passes.

Thanks for the quick reply guys

Yeah i think its a SATA (Serial ATA) right.... i'm newbie when it comes to computers stuff...
And no i never pulled the drive out all this happened after the computer rebooted itself like 4 days ago...

Thank agian for all the help

Yeah i just check the support CD and theres was nothing on it that said sata drivers there was a driver folder but all it had in it was Audio. Chipet. Lan. VGA.

Just tried pluggin into another port and it went into my fourth ide master......
aaahhhhhhhhhhhhh i feel like pulling my hair out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back