The RTX 3080 Ti is allegedly available to buy in the UAE - for $3,500

midian182

Staff member
Rumor mill: Are you excited about the RTX 3080 Ti launching in the next few weeks? There's some good news for those absolutely desperate to get their hands on the Ampere product: one retailer is allegedly already selling it. There are caveats, though; you’ll have to fly out to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and pay $3,500 for the MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Suprim X.

A redditor posted what’s claimed to be an image of MSI’s card, which appeared in another photograph last week that purportedly shows it in a distribution center. It does seem strange that someone would be selling the RTX 3080 Ti weeks before it launches, especially as there are no public drivers available, but the poster claims that many UAE retailers sell cards ahead of time. The GeForce RTX 3070, RTX 3060 Ti, and RTX 3060 were all available in the country before their official release, apparently.

It’s also hard to believe that a retailer would be charging over three times the predicted $1,099 MSRP. However, the Suprim X is MSI’s flagship model and carries a higher price than most other cards. Moreover, the current state of affairs means many components cost a fortune right now; while they could be placeholders, listings for the RTX 3080 Ti in Australia and New Zealand reach $2,300.

If the RTX 3080 Ti really is being sold in the UAE, expect it to be popular, even at $3,500. Some people are okay with paying that amount to secure one in advance, and there will be cards selling for around the same price on eBay once they arrive either later this month or, more likely, in early June.

Permalink to story.

We going to blame the miners on this one? Or the real issue where people are ok to pay for the high price they placed on these cards? As long as people are ok and willing to pay for the price... Don't blame miners or scalpers. It's called supply and demand. Let demand go down and you'll see these cards sell for msrp as it should.

$3500???

That’s just sad!

Both of My 3090 FTW3 cost just $1799 ($1955 with tax).

The buy it now price for my card exceeds $3500.
These 3080 Ti models will cause 3090 prices to approach $4000.

We going to blame the miners on this one? Or the real issue where people are ok to pay for the high price they placed on these cards? As long as people are ok and willing to pay for the price... Don't blame miners or scalpers. It's called supply and demand. Let demand go down and you'll see these cards sell for msrp as it should.

Demand WON'T go down simply because of the miners. The miners incentivize the scalpers.

It’s not due to inflation from reckless government spending. It’s all due to scalpers & miners. Sure. Keep telling yourself that when gas prices surge to $15 per gallon. We are all screwed now because you got your free COVID relief money. We are all going to take a trip down memory-lane right back into the ‘roaring 70s. Good luck, space cadets.

It’s not due to inflation from reckless government spending. It’s all due to scalpers & miners. Sure. Keep telling yourself that when gas prices surge to $15 per gallon. We are all screwed now because you got your free COVID relief money. We are all going to take a trip down memory-lane right back into the ‘roaring 70s. Good luck, space cadets.

Well, actually, government money printing does have something to do with it. The Stimmy checks increase the spending power of gamers, scalpers and miners who want cards.

Keeping interest rates low increases the credit availability of gamers, scalpers and miners buying up the cards.

It’s ALL connected.

Doge just hit $0.66.
Ironically, a stimmy check would have made you a millionaire in Doge, XRP or XLM if you’d dropped it in back during the crash in March a year ago.

Sweet! Another overpriced POS....errr...I mean, GPU.

Honestly, even if this GPU was selling at MSRP, I wouldn't touch it. No way in hell I'd drop a grand on card. $650 was really pushing my limit for a GPU when I picked up a 980Ti. So far she's still going strong, but she clearly struggles with newer, more demanding games at 1440p.

I would have been content if a 3070 or 6800 were available at their originally launched MSRP.....guess I'll just keep dreaming of a day that GPUs will be priced at an affordable level for me again.

Sweet! Another overpriced POS....errr...I mean, GPU.

Honestly, even if this GPU was selling at MSRP, I wouldn't touch it. No way in hell I'd drop a grand on card. $650 was really pushing my limit for a GPU when I picked up a 980Ti. So far she's still going strong, but she clearly struggles with newer, more demanding games at 1440p.

I would have been content if a 3070 or 6800 were available at their originally launched MSRP.....guess I'll just keep dreaming of a day that GPUs will be priced at an affordable level for me again.

Stop dreaming.

Start stalking your nearby Microcenter.

Agreed on this halo card (always overpriced on release)

But the 3060 Ti launched 6 months ago...and you still cant's buy one at less than 3x markup!

That's caused by miners!

The rest of the existing NVIDIA lineup is seeing similar markups OUTSIDE ANY holiday season rush , telling us how much the mining rush is ruining gamers chances!

Last edited:
I'm glad I got out of this mess by buying a prebuild Aurora R12 that has an 11900K and 3090, not even a 3080 (total cost around $3000). Too bad Ryzen wasn't being offered as it would have been the logical option but for someone with a 3770k, this is a monumental upgrade.

Last edited:
Back