the sims 2-mouse problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so i play the sims 2 alot and my bf got the sims 2 pets for me for christmas.. at first the pets would just dissappear and id have to completely move the family to another house to get the pet back and it would be there like it never left, then i had a cat that had a job and the cat wouldnt get out of the car. it stayed in there for like days and the car wouldnt move either, then i started having problems with the mouse, itll start up find then when you actually get into the neighborhood and its like a street view of everything (as if you were in a car) the mouse has this weird u shape and then itll let you click on stuff but it dosent have the normal pointer nor will it let you move things build things or pretty much anything else. can someone please tell me what to do? ive tried reinstalling the game and completly starting over and nothing is working it still does it.
thanks alot

Well,for starter get a normal game,SIMS has no point and is boring.Next update ur video drivers and lower resolution and make details higher is possible.That is my opinion.Or eventually reinstal the game.

ive already tried reinstalling the game and my bf says that the video drive is fine he built the computer for me and put a really good one in. i really need a solid answer on what could be wrong with my game

To Kserijaro:
She / he needed your help, not your opinion on how the game is ;)

To sstewart89:
Try this:

Go this this website:
www.systemrequirementslab.com and run the test for The Sims

If you get recommended your system isnt the problem but most likely your drivers, Update your mouse drivers. Also is it laser / optic or cord? If it's laser or optic it probably needs new batteries or something and if it's cord try cleaning the plug part of the cord, It could have gotten dust in it ;)

If you get a minimum pass then upgrade your system to the stuff it needs ( videocard, RAM or something else like that )

If you fail do the same for the minimum pass results

Hope I helped :)

Make sure you've installed any patches for the game. Maybe that will help. Do a search for Sims 2 Pets patch to download it.

hi sstewart89,
I play Sim2 + all the expansions, and while the Pets expansion has a few bugs, I've never seen the bugs you've listed.

You mention a car- do you have Nightlife expansion as well? Also, when you do a fresh re-install, you do empty out all your neighborhoods/families in the My Documents folder too?

Can you list what expansions total you have, how you are performing a clean install, and if you have any downloaded content? It can be tricky getting Sims 2 + expansions installed. The wrong order or failing to apply patches properly can and will cause strange behaviors like you have listed. Even moreso if you add downloadable/user content.

thanks yall. those of you that gave me pointers are helping me im completly retarted when it comes to computers. my boyfriend looked at if for me but he didnt know anything but ill try what yall said to do and hopefully it will help.
thanks alot again
stacy

Yeah it's probably what shark said about getting files messed up when you install new patches and downloadable content ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back