The SLI standards

Status
Not open for further replies.

onesmartidiot

quick question.

I inheireted a dual core amd board with SLI capabilities. I think ive decided what set of cards i will keep my eyes on. However, they dont come with the chip or wire that run between them.

Is there a "standard" in SLI cable lengths? I know at one point the motherboard probably had them, but i just didnt get them. (it being free and all)

on newegg i cant find the "bridge" that connects the two together. If its more than 6 bucks ill be shocked, seems like a cheap part that the cards should come with in the first place.

SLI Connector Issues

All SLI certified mainboards will come with a SLI bridge connector. Each mainboard manufacturer tends to use a different looking connector, but they all do the same thing.

Your best bet is to contact the manufacturer to see if they'll send you one.

Otherwise, you're going to have to buy one and the only one I found costs around: $24.99.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814998401&ATT=14-998-401&CMP=OTC-17exta6&nm_mc=OTC-17exta6&cm_mmc=OTC-17exta6-_-Accessories+-+Video+Card-_-EVGA-_-14998401

Otherwise you can always try ebay!

yeah, gigabyte says the board came with one. I guess if my uncle dosent have it still, it is on ebay for 12 bucks.

also, there is a retention bracker for the sli crossover... is this nessisary?

its only 6 more bucks but do i really need it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back