The United States of the World?

conradguerrero

The United States has, over the years acquired a reputation for getting its own way either through its dominant role in NATO, its influence on international financial institutions, or the exercise of its own raw military power.

The U.S. has been hailed as the saviour of democracy in Europe. It has been accused of wanting to be the so-called "policeman of the world." Its generals have ruled Japan, facilitated war crimes trials in Germany, supervised and financed the rebuilding of a war-torn Europe, unseated governments in Panama, Grenada and Haiti, led the bombing of Serbia into submission and are currently engaged in re-constituting the government of Afghanistan. (And that's the short list).
The United States of the World?

Is this possible?
:p

I'd call it the Blue Scare, in light of the Red Scare with the Communists in the early 1900's. Following the theory of Communism spreading, the same exact thing is true of Capitalism.

Heck, Communism is only man's inhumanity against man. Capitalism is just the exact opposite.

I can't count the number of elections we've rigged, political leaders we've tried to assassinate, governments we've "overthrown," people we've lied to, etc. etc.

There are more meanings behind the common state of stupor found here than the United States of Mind :D

I, for one, would not want to live in the USW(United States of the World). While I have deep respect for our neighbors south of the border, I do not feel that the US has any other interests other than their own. Why is Bush so unwavering on Iraq? (can you spell O-I-L?) I for one do not think that an expanded US would give a rats' a$$ about any citezens other than its own. I am proud of my country, and yet I don't know how we would act if we were the world's powerhouse both economically and militarily. I would like to think that we wouldn't work so hard to force our ideals and desires on the rest of the world, but I am probably living in a dreamworld thinking that. Power begs for more power. I like the way the world is right now, thank you very much. I don't think good ole earth can take much more in the way of war and destruction.

¢ ¢

We're not trying to pound our thoughts, and beliefs into everybodys country, were simply trying to keep the peace.
Without us France would be speaking either Russian, or German take your pick.
Bush isnt going into Iraq for oil! Were going after him because hes a lunatic that kills his own people and funds terrorists. The oil is a nice bonus though!
Irag, and all other terrorist nations have rarely (or havent) contributed to anything for mankind.. ie. cures for diseases, any type of useful inventions, new ideas, nothing, all they want to do is destroy and have everyone riding goats, and veiling their women.
The only way to keep these countries from doing damage in the future is not to kill them all, but to re-institute a new government, and different beliefs that will help them in the real world, and make them think twice about doing a suicide bombing run then be rewarded by 21?? virgins. WTF???
I say send Peter Popoff and all the televangelists' programs to the middle east, throw in a few Mcdonalds, some remote controls for their new 62" high definition tvs, and theyll be too fat, lasy, and religious to do anything!

;) Hmmm sounds alot like us!??
That brings me to another point, there are some bad things to America. But it has to do with the majority of the country not taking any actions, and watching everything happen.
Our taxes could get raised to ungodly amounts and we would most likely not do anything about it because quite frankly everybody is to busy watching Friends to do anything. Sales tax, state tax, gas tax, soda tax, fica, social security, death tax, pet tax, gas guzzlers tax, luxoury tax, it goes on and on and on. Need i say anthing about the sales tax on the net?? And they will continue to do so until we all get up and do something.
But then again my lazy boy, and the simpsons beg to differ...
franklinz

Indeed Sadam Hussein (or whatever it is supposed to be spelled)
is one of the most crazy presidents of the world, invading another country, throwing all that oil and setting it on fire, he destroyed ancient ruins of other cultures, i mean he is a real threat to this world!

Sadam sucks!

No from what I read from Goofy, he is from Canada. Do you think Canada would be such a nice place to live if it wasn't for the USA??

Cmon! We are the rulers of the world, but we are not evil! We protect, and promote peace. Countries with no morals should stay out of our way. We prod into buisness when we have no choice, if we didn't this world would have been ran by Hitler a LONG TIME AGO! Or SADAM! Or MOMAR! I do agree that the USA basically runs the world, but is this such a bad thing? Nope. Freedom!

Originally posted by TS | Crazyace
Sadam sucks!

No from what I read from Goofy, he is from Canada. Do you think Canada would be such a nice place to live if it wasn't for the USA??

I think that Saddam is a crazy lunatic who needs to be eliminated. But who are you going to replace him with. Look how wonderful things are turning out in Afgahanistan with a new government...bombings and assasainations left, right, and centre. While Saddam is a dangerous element, sometimes it is better to dance with the devil you know than the devil you don't know. At least we know who Saddam is and how he thinks. The last thing the world needs right now is un unknown element running the Iraqi government. And as for the remark concerning Canada, I am very proud of who I am and where I live. We do alot of things differently, but basically we all want the same thing; freedom of choice and movement.However, we do not feel that military action is always the right choice. We recognize that the world would be a very different place without the aid of the US. However, in my opinion, that does not give the US the unilateral right to act on the behalf of everybody for the rest of time. This is the last entry I will be making in this thread, as I HATE getting involved in political squabbling. I value this arena too much to make bad friends. However, I think that every person is entitled to their opinion, and the right to do so without being summarily criticized for it just because the opinion differs from others. Peace to all.

Originally posted by TS | Crazyace
Sadam sucks!

Cmon! We are the rulers of the world, but we are not evil! We protect, and promote peace. Countries with no morals should stay out of our way. We prod into buisness when we have no choice, if we didn't this world would have been ran by Hitler a LONG TIME AGO! Or SADAM! Or MOMAR! I do agree that the USA basically runs the world, but is this such a bad thing? Nope. Freedom!

/Lord Phantazmm The Dark agrees....

Originally posted by Goofy Newfie
I think that Saddam is a crazy lunatic who needs to be eliminated. But who are you going to replace him with. Look how wonderful things are turning out in Afgahanistan(sic) with a new government...bombings and assasainations(sic) left, right, and centre. I value this arena too much to make bad friends. However, I think that every person is entitled to their opinion, and the right to do so without being summarily criticized for it just because the opinion differs from others. Peace to all.

Yes, let's be cool! :grinthumb But I am not worried about Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran or North Korea:
Iraq did have a huge armored division, but we took care of that.;)
Tailiban was just a joke.:D
Iran will never fight us because it's Muslim neighbors would be only too happy for the only other "powerful" Islam sect to fall.:p
North Korea is too late, too little. What good are nuclear weapons if you can't feed your own citizens (drones).:haha:

And no other country will ever attack the United States, as the NATO alliance guarantees a military response by all of it's members!:eek:

We are almost on our own continent, with Canadan and Mexican boarder holes our only threat!

How many nations can say that people want to leave their country and come to the US?
Almost all of them!

But to go back to the original thread, the United States of the World already exists somewhat in the form of the United Nations, it is only with the support of the US's money and military; however, that the UN gains creditability.

Ok..

Lets face it, the entire middle east is out of control. It's unstable and ready to erupt at any minute. Does this put the USA in danger? Well, depends. We are in danger within our borders, but Iraq is not going to nuke us anytime soon or fire missles upon us. We are on the other side of the world, remeber? The reason we are pursing this maniac is to save contries like Israel and Saudi (even though the saudis hate us). I don't have the answer to this muslim hate Jew thing, but I do know that we should protect people that have good morals and try to live good honest lives.

Its pretty much our responsibility to protect, I mean the UN isnt going to anytime soon.
And speaking of Canada (which is my decent, but I am US born) - Canada is a wonderful place and always speaks of freadom and peace, BUT when it comes to fighting for it they call the USA. I love Canada, but they need to get a bit more involved, because the peace the US fights for is WORLD PEACE, not just peace within, and Canada is an ally correct? There are several ways to resolve conflict, but bottom line is somethings need to be resolved.

Originally posted by Goofy Newfie
But who are you going to replace him with.

George Bush III.

Where's MYOB when you need him? He's the most anti-American, opinionated $#@$^* I know. Actually he's anti-everyone-but-Ireland...But he would go right along in this conversation...

Hell, he's probably out drinking (like a large majority of kids in his country :haha: )

Back