The "WoW" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

syde

being really into the game WoW (World of Warcraft) I was just curious as to if anyone else out there that hangs out on these forums a lot plays wow as well? If so just curious:

Whats your main?
race? (why)
Realm? (do you like PvP or RP)
What do you enjoy most?
What are looking fwd to when 3.2 comes out?
going to blizzcon?

me:

Rogue (currently working on a Priest)
Blood Elf (armor looks best on them imo)
Eradar, PvP gets really annnoying but pwning others is fun o.O
The constant changes, nerfs, buffs, boss fights etc
looking forward to Arthas!
Blizzcon via Streamed internet (blizzcon pet 4tw!)

I let my subscription expire recently, I don't remember how long I played - got it shortly after TBC came out, I think. Main is/was a draenei mage.

a 7 year old can do a 25 man heroic raid :) or run one at that matter.

ever seen the complexity of the raid "Sunwell" by chance?

Oh with that said smash, just curious. What do you play? (hope you don't say a FPS). IF you say an RTS then kudos to you.

I play just about everything, I do play a lot of supreme commander, some call of duty 4(a little too much) I also have a lvl 82 character in Lineage 2, TF2, and I build my most recent computer to run Aion. I dont know many people that play wow and I'm not going to start playing another game from scratch with crap gear, its kind of hard to do that after playing another game for years and years.

I hear that. I actually played the last beta (about a week ago) and was disappointed with Aion :( (that and the CRYengine kicks my PCs butt)to me it just seems like a pretty Guild wars but you being a Linage player I'm sure you might (no offense) be afanboy to NCSoft? ;)

I too am a big COD4 fan! (M16 Hardcore DM 4tw) looking forward to MW2! (Nov 22nd?) however I play my FPS games on Xbox and leave my PC to the RPG side of things...RTS too if I'm really bored (Warcraft or Starcraft)

note* I tried TF2 off of the Stream client for about 3-4 days as I got totally bored with it o.O

Ehh the cry engine is kind of harsh. I like many different software companies. I guess in terms of complexity I think WoW is a little carebear, coming from L2 at least. I play Aion Chinese retail as well, and trust me its nothing like guildwars. I didnt like guildwars, bought it back in 06.

Ill have to investigate Linage I suppose, <sadly> I don't know much about that game as I try to keep up to date with all video games out there as much as possible.

note* just read some basics on it, released in 2003? 2 expansions? Is the game coming to an end or a 3rd coming out...is most of its player base talknig about going to Aion? (seems its player base is rather low)

does it have raiding? level cap?3d requirements?

actually Ithink I have a free trial for that game from the Aion pre order...have to look at it when I ge thome (always looking for a new raid based MMORPG to replace WoW lol)

my PC just has some restrictions due to my processor

Beta released in 04 of april, retail in may of 04, lvl cap is 85 and 99%. The player based is considered "hardcore" mmo players because of the grindfest, it has sieges, and many raid bosses, the more popular bosses drop "epic" items, you often wind up fighting over them. There is no rvr, you can pk from lvl 1, clans are made up of all races and classes, which make it one of the most dynamic pvp games, oppose to only having certain races and classes to a side.

I played wow for 2 weeks, got to lvl 40 something, the RvR thing is one thing I really dont like, and is my draw back to Aion, but when i fought in midflight, it was worth it, 200+ people per side fighting for an artifact. I"m just happy that mmo's are coming up with elements that require some skill to pvp, the flying element took it over the top.

I'm still a noob at WoW, but I'm addicted (damn you Blizzard). I started out with a trial and didn't make it 3 days into it before I bought the battle chest.

I'm a 42 Blood Elf Warlock (spec. affliction).
I chose the Blood Elf because of the arcane resistance (Though I somewhat regret that now and I'm pondering switching my character to the Alliance).
I play on Lightninghoof (RPPvP), and I think I have a tattoo on me somewhere inviting lvl 80 Death Knights to pwn me.
My favorite thing about it so far is that I have a great guild that has helped me through leveling and has no problems taking a noob like me to quest in higher level dungeons and instances. (I really like the BG's too)
Professions = Tailoring/Mining

Once I hit 55, I plan on buying the wotlk expansion and making a dk. But I think I'll pick up the Cataclysm expansion as soon as it hits the shelves.

Lets see, started off about 2 years ago on Emerald Dreams server b/c that is where my friend played that got me additive to WoW. But then we transferred our mains to Korgath so we could play with other friends. I have a 80 Draenei Shaman (prefer Elemental, but have a decent set of gear for all 3 specs, offspec right now is resto), my main. 80 Draenei DK(blood tank & blood dps specs, don't play him much tho b/c I'm not a huge fan of melee), and as of 2 weeks ago 80 Human Warlock (Affliction & Destruciton).

I'm not a big fan of PvP, even tho I'm on a PvP server. Only reason I am there is because that is where all our friends play.
As for race as you can see I like Draenei. Healing racial is nice, and just like the looks race. I wish I could have done a Draenei warlock, but nope. So I picked human b/c I can't stand being that short on a gnome :p.

Unfortunately, our guild that was just friends and family kinda fell apart. Girl that got me into WoW & her boyfriend (that she met on WoW :p) stopped playing, and started up on Aion. They also took one of their/our friends with them. And their one friend is stationed in England, so he has to be up really late to raid with us. So now we are down to 6 ppl :( (well 7 if you count our main tanks 9 year old son, but he has a short attention span).

For the horde

Ditto! I had a warlock, then due to complications I had to start again :( Keep quitting and finally am sticking with it but balancing it around my usual life so its slow progress.

Level 46 Blood Elf Mage.

Merely playing it to entertain myself until Guild Wars 2/Diablo 3 come out :)

Alliance

Main - 80 human RET paladin
2nd - 80 draenai Shaman
3rd - 80 Night Elf Druid
4th - Human DK

Normal Server (world pvp is dead :-( )

Just smacking the LK around waiting for Cataclysm!!!

Arathor - EU
Zapiria - 80 Deathknight
Gwenifred - 80 Warrior
Xenoclea - 80 Mage
Shaniah - 80 Shaman
Zapirian - 71 Rogue

Frostwhisper - EU
Zapirian - 80 Druid

Darkmoon Faire - EU
Zapirian - 71 Priest

And a plethora of 50 and under characters.

Quit recently, well I've let my subscription run down.. ends next month. Played since the week of release.
Don't like the evolutionary path the game has gone down. Feel its being dumbed down too much. And being in a raid guild became too much like a job. 4 hour raids several times a week... Real Life > WoW. And enjoying getting back into console games and a little Bad Company 2 on the pc. Easier to pickup and put down for short bursts of play :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back