The Xbox Series X is launching worldwide this November

Polycount

Staff
In context: We know quite a bit about Microsoft and Sony's upcoming next-gen consoles now. We've seen detailed breakdowns of their internal hardware, several of their first-party exclusives, and we've heard about their many software features, such as Smart Delivery.

With all of these core details set in stone by this point, fans of Sony and Microsoft are now eagerly waiting for details on pricing and a potential release date for the Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5.

While Sony is remaining tightlipped on both topics, Microsoft has chosen to be a bit more open today. The company announced that the Xbox Series X is launching this November across the globe with "thousands of games" available.

Obviously, that doesn't mean thousands of new games -- Microsoft is mostly referring to backward compatibility. Xbox games released across four console generations will be fully playable on the Series X, but they won't necessarily be any better on the upcoming system.

However, there will be "50 new games" releasing in 2020 that will take full or partial advantage of the Xbox Series X's capabilities. These games include the likes of Watch Dogs: Legion, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, and Dirt 5.

Though supported functionality will vary from title to title, you can expect to see support for ray tracing, high framerates, and faster loading times across several Series X-optimized games.

We can probably expect Microsoft to finally pull back the curtain on the Xbox Series X's specific release date and price tag sometime over the next couple of months. Or, perhaps the company will wait for Sony to reveal its hand first -- only time will tell.

Permalink to story.

I've been with Xbox since the original system.

Xbox replaced my PC gaming.

Xbox 360 was awesome and gave me plenty of variety in games: DDR Universe, Chessmaster, new types of games, etc.

Xbox One was a good system but I was very disappointed.

Thus far I don't have a reason to buy Series X or continue my Xbox Live subscription.

I hope they give me a reason.

Xbox 360 was awesome and gave me plenty of variety in games: DDR Universe, Chessmaster, new types of games, etc.

Thus far I don't have a reason to buy Series X or continue my Xbox Live subscription.

I plan to get both eventually but I'm leaning towards the PS5 first as they have exclusives I want that won't be available on Xbox. However, the backwards compatibility may sway me to get that first because I still have a ton of old xbox, 360, and one games. I really hope they do some kind of enhancements to older titles, in which case I'd go for the series x first.

As of right now there is no reason to go Xbox. PC with PS5/Switch seems like the combo to get.

Gamepass and Xcloud are the future for M$.

I'll gladly pay for gamepass on my PC if the multiplayer games continue to allow me to play cooperative games with my console friends. The Xcloud beta has been really smooth too, I've barely touched my switch after printing a phone holder for the controller.

I know ps5 does, but xbox kbm gaming support? Still watching used prices, people still haven't started mass selling 2080 tis or 1080 tis. Ampere is out next month. Consoles in 3 months. Big navi in the next 4 months. Hopefully consoles launch us back into the premining price hike days. 3080 a bit better then the 2080 ti at $700-800. But it seems the covid work\school at home demand for new systems is gold mine of it's own.

Then again unemployment is going away. I see more empty apts then even after this last month.

Last edited:
I know ps5 does, but xbox kbm gaming support? Still watching used prices, people still haven't started mass selling 2080 tis or 1080 tis. Ampere is out next month. Consoles in 3 months. Big navi in the next 4 months. Hopefully consoles launch us back into the premining price hike days. 3080 a bit better then the 2080 ti at $700-800. But it seems the covid work\school at home demand for new systems is gold mine of it's own.

Then again unemployment is going away. I see more empty apts then even after this last month.
Xbox has always had k&m support as far as I know. Sony on the other hand has not always had it, in fact I think its much newer for them. Could be wrong on this since I don't use consoles anymore. However, not all games support those.

Yawn. After the veritable mediocrity of the xbox one, Playstation, Nintendo, and PC are the only games platforms of interest.

Back