Third-party cookies & Firefox

learninmypc

A friend does banking online & her bank told her she had to allow 3rd party cookies in her browser, but since she doesn't know how to do such & they didn't tell her, she downloaded Google Chrome & uses it to do her banking.
My question is, can she go to Tools>Options>Privacy & click the exception button & paste the bank URL in there & click apply or how does she do this? TIA

If she wants to enable 3rd party cookies in firefox. All she needs to do is Click on tools , Once the menu opens, Scroll down to options . Click on this. Once this window opens . Click on the privacy tab, Once this opens go to history. Under this where it says Firefox will. Set it to (Use custom settings for history). Then go to third party cookies and click the box next to it. This should enable the cookies and let her on her bank site. Or you can try using Exceptions as you have asked. Just paste or type the URL in the box . Then click on allowed.

If she wants to enable 3rd party cookies in firefox. All she needs to do is Click on tools , Once the menu opens, Scroll down to options . Click on this. Once this window opens . Click on the privacy tab, Once this opens go to history. Under this where it says Firefox will. Set it to (Use custom settings for history). Then go to third party cookies and click the box next to it. This should enable the cookies and let her on her bank site. Or you can try using Exceptions as you have asked. Just paste or type the URL in the box . Then click on allowed.
Thanks, I'll tell her to do this "Or you can try using Exceptions as you have asked. Just paste or type the URL in the box . Then click on allowed."(y)Ok, clarification please. I'm assuming she should log in to her back site in Firefox,copy the URL & paste that into the Exceptions? Just trying to make it easy for her,thank you.

Will the same process work for Google Chrome? I just talked to her & she told me Firefox is too slow on her Vista so she uses Google Chrome. I was thinking about installing Google Chrome to see for myself, but I thought I'd ask in here first.

Has she ever tried just ignoring the notice that she has to have 3rd party cookies? Because my bank told me the same thing
I just went ahead and put in my user name and password, and the site came up with no problems, and it's been coming up with no problems ever since then. Now I don't even get the allow 3rd party notice anymore.

You shouldn't have to allow third party cookies in order to access a site and use its full functionality. It's not a reasonable request or demand, because third party cookies almost invariably have to do with marketing. In fact, the standard advice is to set up your browser to block third party cookies.

You shouldn't have to allow third party cookies in order to access a site and use its full functionality. It's not a reasonable request or demand, because third party cookies almost invariably have to do with marketing. In fact, the standard advice is to set up your browser to block third party cookies.

So what is their reason for not wanting 3rd party cookies? To stick adds for their bank all over the site?
Wish there was an easy way to tell everybody to ignor the must allow 3rd party cookies on their bank site

So what is their reason for not wanting 3rd party cookies? To stick adds for their bank all over the site?
Wish there was an easy way to tell everybody to ignor the must allow 3rd party cookies on their bank site
Its my understanding 3rd party cookies are tracking cookies. Here is a google search on 3rd party cookies.

So it would seem that the banks have use for the information tracking cookies provide. The question in my mind is do they have the right to this information?

Back