This $1,900 Death Stranding jacket is already sold out

midian182

Staff member
WTF?! Buying a jacket isn’t a high priority for most people right now, so you might be surprised to learn that one costing $1,900 sold out as soon as it became available. While it’s certainly a nice jacket, the tie-in with Death Stranding was doubtlessly behind its popularity.

We’ve seen plenty of products that have come about through partnerships with games, though few are as expensive as the Death Stranding jacket from Acronym. The company’s range of apparel falls into the high-end (I.e., expensive) category, and the J1A-GT Gen 2.2 Bridges Edition is no different.

Based on the J1A-GT, the Death Stranding edition was the result of a friendship between Hideo Kojima and Acronym founder Errolson Hugh. The collaboration led to Hugh's cameo in the game, which also features some Acronym gear.

Developed alongside Kojima Productions, the jacket is built with next-gen Gore-Tex Pro fabric technology for improved ruggedness, breathability, and comfort. Great for walking miles with ten feet of cargo on your back.

Some of the jacket’s features include a multi-position storm collar, a storm hood with redesigned visor, plenty of zippers and pockets, and sleeve hitch tabs. There’s also a yellow chest pocket—a reference to the baby jar—and some Bridges logos on the chest, arms, and back.

You’ll notice the baby jar does appear in the product photos, but it doesn’t come with the jacket, which is described as “Timefall proof” in the description.

The PC version of Death Stranding arrives on Steam and the Epic Games Store this June 2, where it will come with ultrawide monitor support, among other features.

Permalink to story.

Obviously it seems that A LOT of people have too much money and don't know what to do with it so they spend it on foolish things such as this.The entire garment is probably not worth more than $50 retail, and cost half that to make , if it was made in China, was probably made for pennies on the dollar. If people invested in common sense the way they invest in junk in this country we would all be a lot better off.

Would you like to point out where they sold this garbage? Cause, most us never even heard of it so most likely just a clickbait page as per usual.

Obviously it seems that A LOT of people have too much money and don't know what to do with it so they spend it on foolish things such as this.The entire garment is probably not worth more than $50 retail, and cost half that to make , if it was made in China, was probably made for pennies on the dollar. If people invested in common sense the way they invest in junk in this country we would all be a lot better off.
So you have no money to burn and think this is waste? well, I have money to burn and think it's cool. see how this works.

So you have no money to burn and think this is waste? well, I have money to burn and think it's cool. see how this works.
We're sure you will let us know how it works for you and just how cool you'll look in it. :laughing:

As I see it, this is a jacket that can be found at 1/4 the price without all the bling and the asinine price associated with Death Standing from a real outdoor gear manufacturer. For instance - https://www.mountainhardwear.com/me...variationColor=603&cgid=mens-jackets#start=19

Even at $1900 it's a better deal than a $700 wheel kit or $1000 monitor stand.
Besides, just buying the jacket was undoubtedly more exciting than playing the game it came from ?

No, you see, I have plenty of money to burn, I just choose to invest in things that make a difference and are meaningful, not in cheap, over priced junk made in China. Like I said, no common sense.
I don't purchase merchandise in order to pretend that I am something that I am not.....live in the real world.
In about six months when the video game is no longer relevant the jacket will be worth absolutely nothing. Should have taken the $1900 and just burned it, it would have made more of a statement.

Last edited:
Back