This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware

Need some help with my Dell XPS 2710 Nvidia Driver. I am trying to install the latest driver version (320.18) for my GeForce GT 640M but keep getting the error described in the title. This computer has two graphics cards, one being the Intel HD 4000 and the GT 640M for when I run games etc. When I go to dxdiag, it is the Intel HD being shown in the display panel rather than the 640M if that information makes any difference.

If there is more information I must give before a proper solution is described, please respond and I will supply all the necessary details.

Thank you very much in advance guys!

Can you take a screenshot of what appears in the device manager under "Display devices".
Like this:
Display%252520adapters%252520-%252520Device%252520Manager%25255B5%25255D.png

It is a Dell One XPS 2710. I have no trouble enabling the graphics card to be used with my games etc, the issue is when I try to update the driver for the GeForce. It gives me the error described in the title even though the card shows up in device manager etc. Although it does not show up in my dxdiag if that means anything. I've tried several fixes to no avail.

It is a Dell One XPS 2710. I have no trouble enabling the graphics card to be used with my games etc, the issue is when I try to update the driver for the GeForce. It gives me the error described in the title even though the card shows up in device manager etc. Although it does not show up in my dxdiag if that means anything. I've tried several fixes to no avail.

Boot up into your BIOS (On start up, there is a quick splash screen that pops up. Click the key quickly to access BIOS. After you get into the BIOS, go to advanced chipset options->Onboard VGA->Off. If that is successful, then download the latest stable driver from nVidia, chose the "Custom Install" option, and check the box that says "Clean Install". You should be good to go from there. I recommend keeping Intel graphics off so that you do not run into this issue again.

Back