Tips for Playing PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Julio Franco

Staff member
Last edited by a moderator:
Turning down foliage to gain advantage, hmmm why would a game even allow this since most devs would even consider that a form of cheating which is why it's not in many modern games.
So the person who likes all the eye candy or simply can't standing looking at a game from the '90s gets punished. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

Game sounds fun but if a simple setting is all it takes to gain a advantage I'll pass till it's fixed or buy a better game with no such nonsense.

Turning down foliage to gain advantage, hmmm why would a game even allow this...
True. My apologies but there was an update to this article after we grabbed it from Kotaku:
Some folks are saying the foliage discrepancy has been dealt with in a patch, but I’m leaving this up here as a general tip for posterity. Battlegrounds isn't particularly well optimized. Playing on low settings might help deal with that.

Battlegrounds is definitely fun, but still somewhat buggy so it's deservedly an early access game. The foliage thing was fixed about a month ago according to various sources.

Turning down foliage to gain advantage, hmmm why would a game even allow this...
Battlegrounds isn't particularly well optimized. Playing on low settings might help deal with that.[/I]

Battlegrounds is definitely fun, but still somewhat buggy so it's deservedly an early access game. The foliage thing was fixed about a month ago according to various sources.

That's exactly why players did that. Anything higher than low, would show more foliage, but you couldn't tell from your end if you were visible to the enemy or not. It was fixed in a patch at least a month ago. I've been following four youtubers play this game. It looks like a lot of fun, but I'm going to wait until it's out of early access, and it has more maps.

Turning down foliage to gain advantage, hmmm why would a game even allow this since most devs would even consider that a form of cheating which is why it's not in many modern games.
So the person who likes all the eye candy or simply can't standing looking at a game from the '90s gets punished. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

Game sounds fun but if a simple setting is all it takes to gain a advantage I'll pass till it's fixed or buy a better game with no such nonsense.

I 100% agree with the turning down the foliage to gain advantage, but this I've been saying this since 2001 when the original Ghost Recon you were able to do the same thing. There are a other games that do/did the same thing throughout the years. DayZ is one of recent, but since that will be a lifetime "Alpha" game I don't expect it to be fixed. Unless the latest release correct it.

I for one have an high end system to play games with full eye candy and I refuse to lower my graphics to gain advantage. The only thing I might remove is motion blur, but most of the time if it's adjustable I just lower it.

Back