Top 5 AMD X570 Motherboards

Hi, I always like to read about the great hardware.
But what majority of people actually need and are looking for is: what is the least amount of money they can put in the system and still be happy with its performance?

So what would be top 3 AMD4 motherboards that are great performers, have nice features but still reasonably priced? Like I got one B450 motherboard for a build for my friend. Combined that with R5-3600 and 16Gb 3200Mhz memory, savings there got him better GPU. The biggest bottleneck for games.

X570 AORUS PRO is the one I ended up buying after reading many reviews.
the chipset fan stays off. from my observations it has only came on during bootup.
I dont know what kind of cooling such a tiny fan can do but its a none issue for me.
VRM temps are super super chipset temp sit around 60c
it does the job and with luck will last. I fully expect that chipset fan to fail eventually it reminds me of the 90s.
https://I.imgur.com/LHycaRU.jpg

"The upside to all of this is a cool running board, plus as a bonus, it's the only passively cooled X570 board on the market."

Great so it's a choice of one...

"At $700..."

Great so it's a choice of B450/X470 vs Intel... Sorry but I'm done with those God-awful 40mm "Northbridge" fans, let alone paying $200-$300 for the "privilege" of "upgrading" to one like it's still 2006. Every single one I owned all ended up the same way - they were very quiet for the first 6 months (and thus received gushing praise from tech reviewers), then after half a year or so they all gradually started to develop a horrendous whiny noise whose high-pitched squueeeeal was 1,000x more annoying than +92-140mm fans at the same decibel rating (40-50mm fans have far worse overall noise profile / tonality). If the choice is between suffering $300 worth of that for the sake of PCI-E4.0 benchmark e-peen vs remaining with PCI-E 3.0, blissful passive silence, 1/2 to 1/3rd of the price and practically no real-world difference, I'll stick with the latter any day...

Last edited:
"The upside to all of this is a cool running board, plus as a bonus, it's the only passively cooled X570 board on the market."

"At $700..."

Great so it's a choice of B450/X470 vs Intel... Sorry but I'm done with those God-awful 40mm "Northbridge" fans, let alone paying $200-$300 for the "privilege" of "upgrading" to one like it's still 2006. Every single one I owned all ended up the same way - they were very quiet for the first 6 months (and thus received gushing praise from tech reviewers), then after half a year or so they all gradually started to develop a horrendous whiny noise whose high-pitched squueeeeal was 1,000x more annoying than +92-140mm fans at the same decibel rating (40-50mm fans have far worse overall noise profile / tonality). If the choice is between suffering $300 worth of that for the sake of PCI-E4.0 benchmark e-peen vs remaining with PCI-E 3.0, blissful passive silence, 1/2 to 1/3rd of the price and practically no real-world difference, I'll stick with the latter any day...
You do you, but it seems like the time you spent reading and commenting on the article was wasted since Ryzen 2 is not for you in the first place judging by your comment.

Quick note: the Asus Prime X570-P has Gigabit ethernet, as well - it uses a Realtek RTL8111H NIC. I know that for a fact because my board is plugged to an 300 mbps internet connection, and it maxes it out.

"At $700..."

Remove the dust from that small fan and the sound will go away.

the chipset fan stays off. from my observations it has only came on during bootup.
I dont know what kind of cooling such a tiny fan can do but its a none issue for me.
it does the job and with luck will last. I fully expect that chipset fan to fail eventually it reminds me of the 90s.

Got the same board along with my 3700x.. .. paired with a pcie4 m.2, this thing is a beast. Glad I went with this rather than the ultra.. only difference from what I can tell is 1 fewer m.2 slot (2 vs 3).

I think given the increased costs associated with the x570, it makes more sense bang/buck to go with one of the more advanced x470 motherboards. Though, if it's a new build - then you have to worry about the motherboard shipping with a BIOS that supports the 3000 series CPUs. Unfortunately, - it seems like there are still bugs with those x470 BIOS versions as they have had to remove the backwards compatibility for the non-Ryzen CPUs (not that it's a bad thing - but I'm guessing that might result in other bugs yet to be discovered).

On a more positive note, I read some articles where the x470/3000 performance was somewhat close to the x570/3000, but I suspect that will change as more mature drivers are available. Though in the end, this will mostly matter to those current x470/2000 folk who decide to upgrade next year or so when the 3000s should be cheaper and won't find it necessary to replace their entire system.

Got the same board along with my 3700x.. .. paired with a pcie4 m.2, this thing is a beast. Glad I went with this rather than the ultra.. only difference from what I can tell is 1 fewer m.2 slot (2 vs 3).

great stuff.great choice we did same :)
let me see your benchmarks when you have the time.
I did a raid array with mine.
https://I.imgur.com/DiODrmt.jpg
clock my 3200 up to 3600 but didnt notice any change so I went 3400 with xmp profile. 14 14 14
https://I.imgur.com/IyHMzvf.jpg

"At $700..."

The chipset fan won't be on unless you are pushing the PCIe 4.0. So yeah it might turn on 1% of the time. I haven't heard mine turn on once outside of boot.

BSim500.
chipset fan stays passive until needed,
im yet to witness it in operation other than boot up.
Chipset fan stays passive with decent case cooling.
its a none issue for me.
https://I.imgur.com/HRsVbVv.jpg
I see a lot of people parroting this same excuse on many many review sites. If the fan is not needed then why is it there in the first place? The reasoning is always the same; it only spins up when the system is under heavy load. Whatever. I would NEVER, EVER again buy a motherboard with a stupid chipset fan on it. If you can't make a chipset without needing a fan then you've lost my business. I don't really care what the reasoning is behind the fan. I'll wait and see what Intel has in store when they release their version of PCIe 4.0 chipset. I can pretty much guarantee it will be passively cooled without a fan. Then, once people see that it IS possible to have PCIe 4.0 without a fan this nonsense excuse for AMD will no longer be valid.

Intel is finished they frankly lost the war last year.
they cant even get 10nm.
they have way to many vulnerabilities wish their side channel hack problem.
The days of 1080p gaming advantage has gone and no one is going to buy a flag ship intel cpu to play 1080p, its misleading marketing bs

I'm waiting for a CPU/MoBo combo that supports both an x16 M.2 slot AND an x16 PCIe 4.0 slot for my video card simultaneously. Neither should be forced to run at x8 just so the other can run at full speed.

With all current CPU/MoBo combos, you must sacrifice one or the other to achieve maximum speed of either device.

The form factor of M.2 prevents it from having anything more than 4 PCIe lanes, hence its speed. This is why the slot for the graphics card is the size that it is (16 lanes wide). So while both form factors (M.2 and PCIe graphics) are the way they are, you're better off having PCIe 4.0 or better signalling for both.

I presently have an older pre-M2 Motherboard and had to install an M.2 drive via PCIe card adapter, but since the video card is at x16, the second slot runs at a max of x8. As a result, my EVO 970 M.2 drive runs at half the maximum possible speed.

I could get full speed if I swapped the slots and ran my video card at x8. I have no intention of doing that.

An M.2 SSD's speed is at the mercy of available bandwidth.

The PCIe interface provides that bandwidth - it's the physical bus between the storage system and the host chipset, which in your case is the adapter you're using. This link is a PCIe 3.0 4x interface, giving you 32 Gib/s of bandwidth and the only way to increase this using devices and host interfaces that use PCIe 4.0 or higher.

You can read about this here:

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Overview-of-M-2-SSDs-586/
https://www.atpinc.com/blog/nvme-vs-sata-ssd-pcie-interface

Your motherboard has two 16x slots, but the host interface for them (the CPU) only has 24 PCIe lanes available, hence with one in use, all 16 lanes in the slot can be used for data transfers; with both in use, there's only 8 left to communicate with the CPU, which is why it 'runs at 8x'.

With M.2, the current specification supports 2 or 4 PCIe lanes for data transfers between the drive and the host interface; the latter can use additional lanes to communicate with other components (in your case, 8 lanes) but it will always be restricted by the fact that there are fewer lanes to send/receive data to the drive (you can see this in the PCI Express interface pinout).

Since PCIe is supposed to be physically backwards compatible (I.e. a PCI 2.0 device can be used in a PCIe 3.0 slot), the only way to have more bandwidth is to use a faster signalling system and this is what is done in PCIe 4.0, 5.0 and 6.0 - read here.

However, since your current drive, adapter, and motherboard are all PCIe 3.0, you're at your limit of what can be achieved with it all.

$700...

The feature list goes on for days, you get stuff like 10 Gigabit LAN, ESS Sabre HiFi, Wi-Fi 6, triple M.2 slots and more. There’s also some nifty features such as Q-Flash Plus which allows you to update the BIOS without even installing a CPU.

No. Just no.

Back