Toshiba L50D-B-13x

Can somebody help me? My display graphics card is the processor integrated GPU. If I change the CPU to an Athlon II x4 651k (wich uses the same motherboard socket) will the display card change to my dedicated one? It is a AMD R5 m230 GPU.

The CPU is an AMD A4-6200 APU with AMD Radeon 3 graphics integrated. Please help!

It's straightforward to upgrade a desktop but usually a laptop's cpu and graphics chip are soldered onto the motherboard. That means that apart from adding ram or an SSD you are stuck.

It's straightforward to upgrade a desktop but usually a laptop's cpu and graphics chip are soldered onto the motherboard. That means that apart from adding ram or an SSD you are stuck.
I opened my laptop, I saw two things who looked like the CPU and the Graphics Card, I didn't check if there was a screw to remove them tho. If there is, is it safe to change the cpu and let the dedicated graphics card stay?

By the way, the graphics card plugged to the Display is the integrated one (R3 graphics), is there a way to plug the dedicated graphics card manually?

Thank you for your help.

I have only taken one laptop apart and don't recommend it for DIY. The job was a success but took me forever. Look for some videos showing how to dismantle it and make sure you can identify the parts.

I have only taken one laptop apart and don't recommend it for DIY. The job was a success but took me forever. Look for some videos showing how to dismantle it and make sure you can identify the parts.
So one last question.
I've opened the notebook some days ago to try and see if the thermal paste is ok, so it has the same aspect as from the video.
Now, Is the dedicated GPU the one on the left?
And, my CPU and GPU get to 97 Degrees. So I don't think the thermal paste is alright.
I'm upgrading it for a Crucial SSD MX500 500gb and 16g Crucial Ram.
When I'm playing League of Legends there is slow loading times and fps drops, so I guess it is because of the temperature and the RAM, is this correct?

Thank you.

The cpu/gpu will be under the heat sink which connects to the fan via a heat conducting arm. 90c sounds very high to me but I don't play games. Replacing the heat paste is a good idea because it goes brittle. You have to remove the old paste with isopropyl alcohol. When applying fresh heat paste too much is likely to be a bigger problem than too little and the screws holding the heat sink over the processor may need tightening in a particular order. Watch out when disconnecting any ribbon cables because things break all too easily. Be sure to go slow and carefully. Maybe wait for somebody who knows more than I've been able to tell you. A lot can go wrong.

The cpu/gpu will be under the heat sink which connects to the fan via a heat conducting arm. 90c sounds very high to me but I don't play games. Replacing the heat paste is a good idea because it goes brittle. You have to remove the old paste with isopropyl alcohol. When applying fresh heat paste too much is likely to be a bigger problem than too little and the screws holding the heat sink over the processor may need tightening in a particular order. Watch out when disconnecting any ribbon cables because things break all too easily. Be sure to go slow and carefully. Maybe wait for somebody who knows more than I've been able to tell you. A lot can go wrong.
Thank you for your help, I can do it don't worry.
But, thank you very much!

Back