Toshiba Laptop Won't Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Toshiba Satellite a45/s120 died it seems.
When started it shows the Toshiba startup screen...then goes to a b/w screen saying that it couldn't start properly and pick one of the ways to start...

i usually pick LAST GOOD CONFIGURATION, but I've tried them all and what happens is it goes through a list of drivers, then looks like it's going to start but restarts itself and goes to the process all over again starting with the Toshiba Startup screen.

It won't boot to a cd either - I've tried to boot to erd commander or an xp disc utility and it just won't see it.

HELP!!!!!!

Check the memory in your laptop.
It was the same with mine.

Toshiba laptops get to the stage where they reject a piece of memory, so do a bit of playing, take some out, boot up - if it works, Great, if it doesn't - shut down & start the take some out & swap process again.

Works for me.

JH

are you getting a blue screen of death? BSOD? If not, your windows may be corrupt. You may need to reformat and reload off the toshiba cd

Failynuff.

No, it was one piece of memory that brought up all the errors.

I did, rather foolishly, try to format - but it brought up some more error code 4 things when you setup xp (This was still with the memory in)

Again, with memory intact, i tried 2k & even (brace yourself) ME!

Just as was a bout to throw it out of the window, i went onto technet, and low & behold, les prolemos esta solvos!

I just had to format & reinstall xp. Puuuuurfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back