Tp link tl-wa701nd as a mikrotik hap repeater

I am having problems, configuring tl-wa701nd in wireless repeater mode,to extend my network from a mikrotik hap lite router, the repeater does not seem to get an IP from the router, and I disabled dhcp from the repeater, please help

I have tried that, and disabled the repeater DHCP server, but did not work, is like the repeater and the router are not communicating because it does not even give an IP, after trying with the dynamic IP, and the DHCP server still disabled, the repeater assigns me an IP but I cannot access the internet

Mesh setups can be strange across vendors.
Each brand of access point communicates in its own way.
Therefore it is recommended to use the same brand of access points.
Each brand of access point is not compatible with each other in order to act as a repeater.
I believe the reason for this is because there is no universal standard for WDS.
My suggestion is to use 100% MikroTik and you will be happy. It will not have a high cost to replace this repeater.

https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Wireless_WDS_Mesh

Mesh setups can be strange across vendors.
Each brand of access point communicates in its own way.
Therefore it is recommended to use the same brand of access points.
Each brand of access point is not compatible with each other in order to act as a repeater.
I believe the reason for this is because there is no universal standard for WDS.
My suggestion is to use 100% MikroTik and you will be happy. It will not have a high cost to replace this repeater.

https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Wireless_WDS_Mesh

Microtik Mesh uses HWMP+ its a Microtik proprietary protocol. This means that mesh is only available on Microtik Devices only. I know there is another protocol but I believe it has the same issue.

You could try normal WDS, but I also doubt that would work. It works for sure on same devices though as I have an Hap and Hap lite and they work brilliantly.

Essentially this is for OP I believe you may want to check your dhcp settings. This may be red. You may have assigned bridging of interfaces incorrectly thus dhcp is not propagating on all the interfaces which is why your tl repeater is not working.

Start troubleshooting from the basics. Interfaces/ DHCP configuration/Ports connected and update us. With that being said, switching to all microtik would be way better :) and if not that atleast go to one vendor like only TP link or Only microtik. One eco system is better than two.

Back