Transfer data off of old hard drive to laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a dell 2400 that died on me so I pulled the hard drive hoping to transfer pictures, quickbooks, etc. to my new laptop. I have a self powered Sabrent SATA/IDE USB adapter from newegg. Anyone use on of these before and have any luck???

Any information will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

tried with both 3.5inch IDE, 2.5inch IDE and sata with no problem. looks the same with different brand though.

Should work just fine. We use USB external enclosures to transfer data, just about every day. We like Acomdata and Nextar3, but there must be 50 working brands out there.

Also, usually all the Dell 2400 needs is a new power supply... The one which came with the computer is very low powered, and thus the computer cannot tolerate many changes in the system.

Yes it will work fine, but you are better off buying a new power supply, as the one in the 8200 is two years older than the 2400... Look at www.directron.com, www.tigerdirect.com, www.newegg.com, www.zipzoomfly.com, www.frys.com, www.pcmall.com, www.cdw.com, www.techdepot.com, www.geeks.com, and any of the other sites...

Measure your 2400 power supply for height, length, width, and then just about any power supply from the above will work... But some are more reliable than others. The Dimension 2400 does not make big demands on your system... and there are only four screws to remove and install.

Once you pick out two or three, come back and we will put the bad mouth on any that are terrible.

sata/ide adapters are easy to use..... plug it in and you're good to go.... just like having an external drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back