Tribes: Ascend, any feedback on this game?

Arris

Anyone out there been giving this a shot?
Looks like a nice free2play game. Going to download it and give it a shot tomorrow night.
Never played Tribes or Tribes2 before but used to play Sony's Planetside, wondering if it might be a similar experience to that.

Me me me! Follow my link I'm gonna send you in PM Arris... And friend me in game - you know my username. It's a much faster pace than Planetside.

Been playing since closed beta and I'm loving it, I find myself playing it more than any other game right now. If you were a Quake/UT fan you'll get a familiar vibe. The game does have minor issues, but nothing that should shun you away. It'll be a little rough when you start, especially since half the classes and most good weapons are locked away, but nothing that time can't cure.

If you do enjoy the game, it's well worth putting some money down. Ten bucks should be enough to get you some XP boosters which is better then buying weapons if you plan on playing a lot and you'll unlock a permanent 50% XP buff for your account as you're now a VIP player.

My in-game name is Relic28, and if you're not fond of Papas link I could totally send you a better one so I can get free XP :p.

Ooops, sorry had already created account earlier before I saw your PM. Can you switch between server locations? As I've picked UK - London and I'm guessing you'll be on US ones. My username in it is 'Zapirian'. I'll look you up next time I log in. Reminds me very much of UT, particularly a low grav level with two towers that you could float between. Not sure I'm 100% keen on the jetpack and skiing combination, a little more time playing might endear it to me.

It will and very much so. When skiing first showed up in Tribes it was a bit of a glitch/exploit that only the serious players figured out how to execute every time. It caused such an imbalance that it was actually added into the game as a feature. I used to place in the top 10 on theclq (a tribes ranking system) every month (that was back when I was a more dexterous lad) but now I can't really say I'm the best one out there. I give the guys a run for their money though!

P.S. - Not sure why you didn't touch my link when I sent it to you. I thought we had an understanding.

It will and very much so. When skiing first showed up in Tribes it was a bit of a glitch/exploit that only the serious players figured out how to execute every time. It caused such an imbalance that it was actually added into the game as a feature. I used to place in the top 10 on theclq (a tribes ranking system) every month (that was back when I was a more dexterous lad) but now I can't really say I'm the best one out there. I give the guys a run for their money though!

P.S. - Not sure why you didn't touch my link when I sent it to you. I thought we had an understanding.

I'm normally pretty understanding when it comes to the touching. I'll make it up to you...

Its a fantastic free game. the skiing and jetpack combo make for a very fast paced game. Vehicles are also useful, but not essential. The nessesity for variety among the suits makes for a real tactical challenge when playing offense or defense.

Back