Tried formating, bare bone system, and still fresh install of Windows won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first time posting and asking for help, usually I am able to devise the solution from previous posts but it seems my computer is being very uncooperative.

I have an EVGA Nvidia 4 SLI MB and two 250 GB SATA II drives in RAID 0 with 4 512 MB of RAM. The raid drive has two partitions, one for windows and one for data. I've previously had Windows XP Pro installed on my computer and I figured it was time to do a reinstall since things weren't working quite as well as they should.

I downloaded all the necessary raid drivers to a floppy, put in the windows XP Pro CD, loaded the drivers, formatted the partition for windows, loaded windows, and everything went fine. After Windows installed, during the second launch of the splash screen (the first being the 30 min loading of windows) the computer resets. It is possible to see that right before the computer resets there is a BSOD that flashes. Safe mode does not work for starting up windows either.

Not pleased that the installation did not work, I tried formatting and installing again with no avail. I then took it down to a bare bone system with only the drives, MB, one CD, and one stick of RAM. Alas it still did not work.

The only options I can think of are formatting the entire raid drive and deleting the partition. I'm hesitant to do that because I don't wish to loose the data, but I will if need be. The reason I suggest this is may be the windows partition isn't on the boot sector of the raid drive. I may be completely off base, any suggestions please :).

Thank you,
Betwixt

how did you "format" the drives? are the sata drivers installed properly? try using ide configuration. first back up your data (by putting the hdd in another pc and copying the files, if you can). then do a low level format. this process below always works.

get a 98 floppy boot disk from www.bootdisk.com
start your pc with boot disk in the machine
after win98 comes up, enter fdisk
display partition(s) (if any)
delete partition(s)
create new partition
restart
format the hard disk
turn pc off
take win98 boot disk out
put xp cd in the cd rom drive
turn pc on