Trojan Horse Crypt.FZE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello TechSpot community!

I have a problem.

As you can probably tell, I have a Trojan on my computer. What you probably didn't know is that I have two of the same kind! The virus has infected an account on my laptop but I don't seem to be experiencing any of the harsher symptoms that is associated with Trojans.

As far as I can tell, symptoms include slow internet connection speed and that's it...

They've embedded themselves inside:

C:\Users\Joe\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\3KUOM0PB\Install-1ab1_02006-85[1].exe

C:\Users\Joe\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\ZYJC9VKN\Install-041e1_02006-85[1].exe

AVG found the Trojans this morning, but from what I was told about the other account user they noticed a pop-up saying we had a virus and it would cost $60 to remove it... They didn't accept it but closed it with the red "X". When I was warned of the threats I tried to "Heal" the infections but it said that could not be done. Now I'm left to "Remove" the infection. I have not removed the Trojans since doing so could be devastating to my laptop.

I've attempted to find this form of Trojan online but I cannot find anything helpful. I don't know if these viruses are dormant at the moment and are waiting for me to turn off of my laptop to engage or are waiting for some other form of activation (like logging back into the account with the infected files). Until it is fixed I'm keeping my laptop on and charged.

I will offer any information that is needed to cure my laptop. Tell me what you need to know and I will supply.

Thank you,

-Wiggs

-As a side note, I am going to be out of town very soon with no internet connection until Thursday. Great timing for all of this, huh? I will do what I can until I leave later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back