Trojan horse Generic 14.ANJK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

I use AVG free anti-virus.
Today I got a message about infection of Trojan horse Generic 14.ANJK.
I googled the name- it doesn,t exist.
When I try to heal the file I get a message that the system will be destroyed/crashed or some files can not be healed....
The thread should be in C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eNet....

Do you think it exist?????

Thanks

It exists. Just do the search without the last six digits... Trojan Horse Generic... as there are many versions.

Remove AVG. Use Kaspersky, Nod32, Avast, or Avira as your antivirus. Then install two fo these: SpySweeper, Spyware Doctor, MalwareBytes, SuperAntiSpyware... or a very few of the other top spyware removal tools.

The Trojan Horse Generics are generally best removed by antispyware software... but you may need at least two and maybe three to remove all instances.

You may also have to scan again in <SAFE MODE>

Ad-Aware isn't in the list of Use Kaspersky, Nod32, Avast, or Avira as your antivirus; Avira is personally my choice, but these are some of the better antivirus programs, at least in my experience, and probably in many others' as well, which is why it's always suggested.

Yes AdAware was once state-of-the art, now it should not be used at all. I like the new Advanced SystemCare Free, free Malwarebytes, and free Avast Antivirus. Do a virus scan at reboot before Windows loads

I got the same message on AVG on my Acer laptop, why do I need to remove AVG? I'm just downloading Malwarebytes and SpySweeper now. Does anyone know how serious this trojan is, do I need to do anything more? I don't know how to scan before Windows loads as Tmagic650 suggests!! Thanks.

Does AVG have an option to do a scan on reboot? Avast does. Removing viruses and other malware can be easier before Windows loads

Adaware does nothing. It is only good at removing cookings that come right back.
You have had a long list of suggestions on software removal tools that really work. Please use them if you are serious about dealing with this infestation... as it is only a test of others to come later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back