Trojan Horse Generic6.UMU or UMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been up all night trying to figure this trojan out and how to stop it. Here's what

I've determined so far. The trojan seems to be self mutating with multiple payloads that

are randomized as to selection of payload (a,b,c,d.....) Example: payload a= game file

infection, payload b= file permission changes/tampering, payload c= spontaneous reboot,

payload d= setup.exe and ISSetup.dll and so forth. Multiple antivirus scans with Trend

Micro Housecall and AVG results in no infection found. Scans with ClamWin Anti virus

results in permission to scan all files denied on a file by file basis. There is a

possibility of rootkit, but I have not fully tested as of yet with results of rootkit

detectors being sometimes cryptic and too informative. Has anyone seen this behavior before

August 21, 2007 which appears to be when the first initial reports started appearing in

this form and my system was compromised.? People are saying this is a False Positive, but everytime I run a AVG scan 4 to 6 of the same trojans seem to be detected.
Grizz of CTGNY

Not an infestion. It is an error or a false positive from AVG. No other antivirus or Antispyware program but AVG is finding it.
Don't worry about it... but you may need to do some work to recover the 6 files it normally quarantines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back