Trojan-Spy.Win32@mx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the advice and 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions elsewhere on this site. I have followed the instructions to try to eliminate the above nuisance which appeared as a pop-up and it seems to have worked. I attach the log files and would be grateful for any further advice from folks who know more than me about this sort of thing.

Great work!!!. The computer is clean. HJT log gives normal appearances.

To confirm no infections are detected, rescan with MBAB followed by SAS.

If anything changes, post new logs.

Tojan-Spy.Win32@mx

rf6647 - thanks for taking the time to look at the files. I'll take your advice and run the MBAB and SAS again just to be sure. I have also noticed that my PC is running better since this problem - presumably because MBAB and SAS have sorted out some other stuff as well. They will be part of my housekeeping program from now on.

I have also noticed that my PC is running better since this problem
I can't see how :confused:
With:
Spyware Doctor
SUPERAntiSpyware
AVG8

All installed
Don't get me wrong, these are valid programs, and extremely helpful in removing Malware
But if it were my computer, I'd definitely uninstall all 3 of the above
Then install Avira free Antivirus, then run a full scan with that (seeming Avira usually finds more than AVG)

Sorry Kimsland, thanks for your interest, but I don't understand the reasoning behind the point you are making. Why shouldn't I use these programs? I take your point that Avira does a good job but I dare say there are lots of people out there who would say the same about AVG. Can I do any harm using MBAB and SAS to scan my system?

All these programs are excellent (ie without fault)

But to have these "Live Protecting" programs all starting with Windows (including your ZoneAlarm) is in my opinion overkill

Regarding AVG
Let it be known to you and all others reading
AVG has lost the plot !
It corrupts under Virus infection (on many seen cases here at TechSpot) Very similar to the horrible Norton
It runs multiple things at startup - really slowing a user's computer down
And it never finds as many issues as Avira does

Now I was all for AVG7 a year (or so) ago. But AVG8 (in my opinion) is next to useless

Many (most) support uses, across the net, state you must have running:
1 Antivirus
2 Spyware monitoring Programs (please note: you have 4)
1 Firewall

Here's what I say (presently, ie it changes when programs change, etc)
Avira Antivirus
Malwarebytes (that's right no live protection on this)
Comodo Firewall

And that's it !

If you get infected (ie it happens)
Then install the multitudes of Malware removal programs
I also suggest to run Malwarebytes (updated) at least once a week (along with CCleaner)

Whats happened to everyone? You get a fast computer, and it runs like a Pentium 3 (PIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back