Trouble booting up second OS/hard drive on Dell 1735 laptop

my issue is so like other posts but a smidge different. my dell 1735 has two hdd bays. i stripped my original hdd and loaded it with ubuntu. i placed it in my secondary bay and hooked it up. i recieved another hdd from dell, preloaded with vista and put it into the primary "original" bay. How do i boot up my secondary hdd? i think i may be missing the forest through the trees. thank you. sincerly, tommybee.

you need to set up your system to dual boot.

just google "dual booting vista and ubuntu" and you'll find lots of guides on how to get you set up.

dual boot dual hdd's

Thanks for that.....but thats what i did before i came to this site .....and i discovered on this site similar issues like mine but as i mentioned all a smidge different..but close. i have a laptop with two seperate hardrives....two different os'...one on each hdd. by default when i initially boot up it goes into vista. is there a way to get an option on my initial boot to choose my secondary drive...similar to grubs' menu on a single partioned disc...letting you choose between os's. thank you all for your input..sincerly, tommybee.

I never set up a dual boot Ubuntu / Windows computer, just Ubuntu alone, or Vista / Seven, so anything I'd suggest would be me just regurgitating stuff I found on Google.

Have you tried this?

easybcd

just wanted to say thankyou for the tip on 'easy bcd' . it was just what i needed. it works awesome. very user freindly, non techky wordspeak , ouick to load and to get working. thanks again..my 'dual hdd,dual os' laptop works just as i hoped it would. i'm flyin high baby. adios earthlings. sincerly,tommybee.

Back