Trouble setting up VPN on Server 2003 with dynamic ip

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxdanielxx

hey I am helping this person who wanted to setup a VPN. I installed an extra GB LAN card into his server. But I am having trouble getting it to, does he need to have a static IP or can he use his DHCP from his ISP provider thanks

xxdanielxx said:
hey I am helping this person who wanted to setup a VPN. I installed an extra GB LAN card into his server. But I am having trouble getting it to, does he need to have a static IP or can he use his DHCP from his ISP provider thanks

Can this NIC support Windows Sever 2003? Some of them don't have drivers for or have some issues? Does this NIC work. Did you load balance it?

xxdanielxx said:
Which direction is the connection? From home user ---> VPN into ---> work location? Or is it the other-way-round; work-->home?

Normally the business sets up a VPN interface for connection from various remote users or traveling salesmen.
All Clients (ie remotes) will have DHCP dynamic addresses and security is done by
password or PKI passphrases.

RSA Secured ID token, keyfob an etc.. pin then passcode from the RSA using Cisco VPN Client or Nortel VPN Client. I prefer Cisco VPN easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back