Troubleshoot help for XP error event id 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshuamays

had issues with my pc freezing while loading on online pc game. i fixed 2 errors (3011 & 3012). i downloaded ccleaner and fixed the registry. problem gone. i did backup my registry before the repair btw.

Later while playing my pc game online it froze again at a loading screen. Event manager logged error 2004. Looks like its affiliated with the sending/receiving of information. Whether the problem exists via lan/network, idk.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot the event id 2004 critical error?

Check your firewall setttings.
Is there any message along with the error? 2004 applies to more than 1 error, but the firewall is where I would start.

Description for the event is as follows:

Unable to open the Server service. Server performance data will not be returned.

If your firewall settings are ok, it's most likely the game server.
How often is this happening, how long has it been going on for?

just recently within the last hour. tried to boot the game again and my pc crashed and reset itself. but it wouldnt boot. it just sat powered on. so i manually powered it off and then back on again. pc powers on but doesnt boot. swapped out one of every (1of 6) stick of ram. Any ideas what happend?

cpu is water cooled. doubt its a heat issue. only thing that really generates excessive heat is the vid card. i have a 120mm fan above my ram. fyi i built this pc myself. going to post this thread in the hardware section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back