Build a PC Troubleshoot Non-Stop BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayn21

Hello, been beating my head against this one for over a month for my sister and am not making any progress whatsoever so I am posting here hoping to get new input.

The laptop I am working on is locking up on a regular basis and BSODing 1-5 times a day. Sometimes programs will not open when they are clicked (kind of just hangs) and while this is happening the Internet connection shows the 'Limited Connectivity' message and will not work. I have updated the system per MS update and run memtest for 24 hours (no errors). Unsure how to diagnose if I just need to throw the thing away or its something that could be repaired. The system is as follows:

Pentium Dual-Core T2080 (1.75Ghz)
1 GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM 533Mhz
256MB ATI Mobility Radeon X1400
80GB 5400rpm SATA HD
Windows XP Home

I have a sizeable collection of minidumps, the most recent are attached to this post and I have places an older batch on a reply below if further samples are useful.

Interested in any opinions or insights anyone can offer. I have looked at the files and see some recurrent issues with ipnat and http, but don't know what that might mean. Thank you for your time.

kimsland

Instead of "hosting" them on your website, please zip a few up and attach them here (200kb limit)

Rayn21

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Instead of "hosting" them on your website, please zip a few up and attach them here (200kb limit)
I'm unsure why you have hosting in quotes. I zipped up all the minidumps I had and it was over 200kb so I figured a viable alternative would be to make them available on my own space. That being said, I have zipped up a batch of the most recent dumps to comply with your rules and attached one set to this post and another to the original. Sorry for the indiscretion.

Rayn21

Have you checked for spyware? If so, what utilities did you use?

-- Andy
I have run SpySweeper and AVG Antispyware with no results. I've looked through a HiJack This log and see nothing suspcious. NOD32 is running on the system and has been kept up to date.

Additionally, I ran a scandisk on the hard drive which did not report any errors or bad sectors.

I am unsure if I can declare the memory problem free after Memtest86 reported no issues after running for 24 hours or if I can declare the hard drive not responsible after the scan disk, but I assume it would report any obvious problems.

Thanks.

kimsland

Inside the 8 Minidumps:
BugCheck 1000000A, {1c, 2, 1, 80524b91}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
PROCESS_NAME: CLI.exe

BugCheck 100000D1, {4, 2, 1, ee2973db}
Probably caused by : ipnat.sys
PROCESS_NAME: DoScan.exe

BugCheck 10000050, {8a88e086, 0, 80523d06, 0}
Probably caused by : SYMEVENT.SYS
PROCESS_NAME: wuauclt.exe

BugCheck 100000D1, {a060003, 2, 1, ee4313d8}
PROCESS_NAME: Rtvscan.exe

BugCheck 4E, {99, 321e5, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
PROCESS_NAME: aolsoftware.exe

BugCheck 100000D1, {a060004, 2, 1, ee28d3d8}
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe

BugCheck 1000000A, {7d8a1867, 2, 1, 806e484a}
Probably caused by : avgtdi.sys
PROCESS_NAME: System

BugCheck 1000000A, {4, 2, 0, 804e714b}
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe
PROCESS_NAME: System
Please uninstall Symantec (Norton) AntiVirus Corporate Edition
Then restart
Then run the removal tool: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100496.html#2
Then restart

Then update your Video Card Driver

Install Avast or Avira free Antivirus (I prefer Avira)

Then update it
Then run a full Antivirus scan

Then reply back :grinthumb

Edit

Oh you also have NOD32
That didn't fault, so maybe don't install Avira just yet :)

Rayn21

Thank you I will have her go through these steps and report back after a small period of time to see if any BSODs reoccur.

Rayn21

Yeah, no improvement whatsoever. Blue screened 3 times this hour.

almcneil

Try running Spybot Search & Destroy. You can find it in the Downloads seection at this site.

-- Andy

Rayn21

Gave it a try, still BSODing. just going to have to replace it I imagine. I feel like it would cost more to have it professionally repaired than to replace.

kimsland

What is the Bluescreen number on screen?
You can stop the automatic restarting through the Start->Run-> control sysdm.cpl,,3
Then press the Settings button, under Startup and recovery
Then untick Automatically Restart
Apply Ok

You may also want to check out Event Vewer (Start->Run-> Eventvwr.msc)
For any recent Events, or what was happening at the time

Status
Not open for further replies.