Trying to use restore disk. Coming up with a error message, will not restore

Status
Not open for further replies.
trying to use restore disk.... coming up with a error message..will not restore
when in bios, computer shuts down after only a couple minutes but no other time.
I just want to get the computer working again...i want to get the restore disk to work

What is "restore disk"? Are you talking about system restore feature in Windows or a disk image backup utility or something else?

-- Andy

OK, the usual techno term for this is "recovery CD/DVD".

First, reset your BIOS settings top default. There should be an option in BIOS, i.e. F9 Reset settings to default , or something like that. Then try the recovery CD again.

Repost with results.

-- Andy

same old

I did the bios thing, and the same result came up an error message when the factory image recovery is trying to work... it never proceeds past 0%

Does the compueter just "cut out" on you? If so, the power supply may be getting flacky.

-- Andy

OK, the problem is hardware at this point. Either your CD/DVD drive or the hard drive is the problem.

I think the best approach now is simply to take it to the local computer store and have them test and fix it. Likely one of these needs to be replaced, not to mention you don't have the tools to test either of them.

-- Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back