Tuesday tech deals: Walmart's 'Amazing Electronics Event'

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Upcoming Walmart Amazing Electronics Event: 26" LCD HDTV for $198, more

Walmart announced its Amazing Electronics Event, which will run from Saturday, November 6 to Sunday, November 7. Most deals will be available online, although a few are in-store only. The primary focus is on LCD HDTVs, where it has very aggressive pricing. The deals:

Five more tech deals after the jump.

Sharp Aquos 40" 1080p LCD HDTV for $500 + free shipping

Today only, Dell Home offers the Sharp Aquos 40" 1080p HDTV, model no LC-40D68UT, for $799.99. Add it to your cart and it falls to $499.99. With free shipping, that ties a deal from September and is the lowest total price we could find by $60. Sales tax is added where applicable. It features a native resolution of 1920x1080, 6ms response time, three HDMI inputs, and VGA, component, and other video inputs. Meanwhile, Sears is selling the Sharp Aquos BD-HP24U Blu-ray player for $79.99, the lowest price we could find by $35.

Logitech Harmony 300 Universal Remote for $30 + $5 s&h

Best Buy offers the Logitech Harmony 300 Universal Remote, model no. 915-000132, for $29.99. Shipping adds $5.49, or choose free in-store pickup. Even with shipping, that's $5 under a deal from May and the lowest total price we've seen for this remote. It's also the lowest total price we could find today by $2. Sales tax is added where applicable. This new remote supports up to four components and features online setup via Mac or PC.

IOGear Wireless HD Computer to TV Kit for $100 + free shipping

JR.com via Buy.com offers the IOGear Wireless HD Computer to TV Kit, model no. GUWAVKIT2, for $99.99 with free shipping. That's $10 less than our mention two weeks ago and is the lowest total price we could find by $36. This device allows you to stream wireless HD content (up to 720p) from your computer to your TV. It features HDMI and USB connectivity, a purported wireless range of up to 30 feet, and more.

All-in-One USB Memory Card Reader for 79 cents + free shipping

Meritline.com offers this All-in-One USB 2.0 Memory Card Reader for $2.99. Coupon code "MLCK400576110270AL1" drops it to 79 cents. With free shipping, that's among the lowest total prices we've seen for this particular reader. It's also the lowest total price we could find for any such card reader today by $8. It supports Secure Digital, MMC, Memory Stick, and more. It will ship in a random color. Coupon ends after 700 redemptions. Expect this item to take two to three weeks to arrive.

Fantom 2TB eSATA/USB External Hard Drive for $100 + free shipping

Buy.com offers the Fantom GreenDrive Pro 2TB eSATA/USB 2.0 External Hard Drive, model no. GDP2000EU, for $99.99 with free shipping ($0.05/GB). That's the lowest total price we've seen for a 2TB eSATA external hard drive without rebates, and it's a current price low by $22.

Permalink to story.

I hate going to "Wally's Mart," but that $35 for $50 iTunes card deal is pretty sweet.

TomSEA said:
I hate going to "Wally's Mart," but that $35 for $50 iTunes card deal is pretty sweet.

Imagine the money you'd save if you bought a whole bunch. Though there's probably a limit.

They'll usually have more than a few for these events. Black Friday stuff will typically be limited to 6-10 depending on the store. I was looking at a 26" for a new monitor, and $200 is pretty good deal. Plus, you can always check in the morning if they have any in-stock, or use their new Pick Up Today feature at 12:01 to have it ready for you in the morning.

Damn, all these things popping up. I don't really need to get an HDTV for my bedroom, the old POS SDTV I have will work just fine, but for $200, it's hard to pass up on a same size TV that has HD capabilities. I will have to think about this one, .but will most likely pass it up since I don't really need the HD in there, as I only watch it once in a blue moon.

Man, i'd love to see a weekly deal for aussies too :x seeing all the great deals hit only the guys in the states is kinda depressing lol

Frostback said:
They'll usually have more than a few for these events. Black Friday stuff will typically be limited to 6-10 depending on the store. I was looking at a 26" for a new monitor, and $200 is pretty good deal. Plus, you can always check in the morning if they have any in-stock, or use their new Pick Up Today feature at 12:01 to have it ready for you in the morning.

You can find 28" 1080p for 250$ now....That 26" might be a sweeter deal if it was 120hz!! If you purchased that you wouldn't feel as wise once you started comparing all the deals coming out. Actually, with the recession and the HUGE overstock of computer parts at distributor's none of these deals are that special..Nothing you cant find on Tech Spot's daily "Pricewatch" page.

some gift cards cost you money if you dont use it cuz they have expiration date not sure how these pan out

Pretty decent deals on the LCD's. I realize that Wal-Mart is trying to get rid of old inventory of LCDs to make room for LED LCDs. I would wait later this year or early next year for lower prices of LED LCDs.

$50 gift card with the ps3 move bundle for 399 is a great deal. First off the console itself has the bigger 320 GB hard drive which standalone would normally be 350. So basically, you're getting move for free. I doubt you'll find a better deal.

For what I'm needing, (mainly WoW) no super high end games, this would serve the purpose. Also, would add a TV to the computer room to help there. Even if it is only 720p and 60 Hz.

Can regular people really tell the difference between 720 and 1080? I know I sure can't tell 'that' much of a difference. And for the increased price for 1080, I don't see the big deal.

Back