TV cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cokecan72

hi, does anyone know of any TV cards that have Left, Right and Video in phono sockets on it? any makes and prices would be great
thanks all :)

I have a TV Wonder from ATi, it has a coax connector(for incoming TV signal) and stereo AV inputs for video capture from composite sources such as video cam. I paid ~$60 for it about two years or so ago.

I'm not sure what you are calling a phono socket though.

Originally posted by StormBringer
I have a TV Wonder from ATi, it has a coax connector(for incoming TV signal) and stereo AV inputs for video capture from composite sources such as video cam. I paid ~$60 for it about two years or so ago.

phono sockets are the ones on the front of your telly, Red - right audio, White - left audio, Yellow - video (red, white and yellow) ive seen some TV cards that have these on but they were in full systems and dont know what they are called.i think the radeon 9800 all in wonder has them on?? but thats a little bit too expensive.

Most TV cards have a stereo 3.5 mm jack instead of two RCA plugs because it takes less space. You can get converters from RCA to 3.5 mm plug from pretty much any electronics store (I think), I bought one from a local supermarket recently.

yeah i know the kind you mean, so is the 3.5mm stereo jack an input? and will i be able to use it with the video in (or S-Video) so i can connect my playstation or something up to it?

Ah, sorry I forgot to mention most TV cards only have audio output - probably because usually if you have a TV card, you also have a soundcard. And yes, you can hook up just about anything to a TV card that uses the same video format and has a suitable connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back