TV-Out Problems, Or Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

negroplasty

Is it normal for the picture to be quite blurry when using your TV-OUT? I have a Sony 36" Widescreen TV and Nvidia's 41.09 detonator drivers installed, anyone willing to help?:(

Nvidia dores not have the greatest TV - but it also depend on the cable u are using?

are you using an insulated video cable? (and not just some RCA cable)

is it near any power supplies?

is the sources blurry on your comp?

if you are talking about just text then yes, it will he blurry and hard to read.

Yes, that is what I was referring to, it is mainly the text. But I think it might have something to do with the TV being widescreen; and since the highest resolution is 1024 by 768 at 60 Hertz on such a large area could be causing some problems. Note that the lowest resolution available is 800 by 600.

yes, mine has that sa well - the 60mhz u won't be able to adjust unfortunatly.

the test ui will not be able to read - unless it is large text of or u get a HDTv or plasma tv.

tv were not meant o display small text :(

S-VHS connector provides sharper picture than composite out, too, try that if you have both connectors. Since TV picture is interlaced, you won't improve the picture quality simply by increasing resolution. If your card supports it, try gfx modes like 1024x480 or so.

Thanks much all, I am looking into buying higher quality cables in hope of increasing my picture quality:)

Sadly I think you will find a change in cable will not make a great deal of noticeable improovement

i spent £30 on a 1 meter svhs cable and I cant tell any difference to teh picture i get with my £5 svhs cable my tv is a 32 inch wide

and test it with dvd source (Monsters Inc)

there are improovements i am sure howeaver i woudl bet that most will not ever be able to notice any significant improovement

howeaver for long cables over 10meters you shoudl always go for high quality cable and conectors but even then i know ppl that have used a low grade cable and it has still been fine.

interfierence will always cause problems with cheap cables yet most homes dont have eneugh interference to affect even the cheapest cables and conectors ..

One thing that i know affected my friend badly was the fact that he lived within a half mile of an international airport and he had some wierd interfierence problems but after buying good quality cable it was fixed .. but not all of us live that close to airports but its still something to consider , regardless of how bizzare some ppl may think it is ..

I am dreaming of a 32inch widescreen moniter quality tv ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back