TV-out query

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm attempting a linkup to an old crt tv for use with a playstation emulator. the low res looks awful shown on a pc monitor.

i've been doing some reading online and i'm not sure if i will be able to get colour.

the tv in question has a scart socket at the back and the yellow V/A phono sockets on the front, but no s-video.

the graphics card is an nvidia 8800GTX with s-video (7 pin). i'v been looking at s-video to scart adapter, but they all have 4 pins... can a 4 pin cable go into a 7 pin socket?

i heard off one person that if the tv doesn't have any s-video socket then it will only display black and white, can anyone confirm this?

my card also has 2 DVI sockets and i have a DVI to VGA converter. would VGA to scart be another option?

so in short, i can go either s-video to composite, s-v to scart or vga to scart. But... will i get colour?

which is best to use? and do i HAVE to use the cards s-video or can i used VGA?

thanks

Hi

you can go SVideo to composite, i used to use that on an old voodoo video card, and on an old latitude laptop, the lead had 4 pins in it and ended in a yellow rca plug, and yes it was colour (to some degree it appeared a bit washed out sometimes)

You can also go Svideo to scart with a correct adaptor, however it will still be composite.

i did once try svideo to svideo but it was black and white for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back