TV resolution

Hey just registered here so I dont know if this is in the right place but anyway I got a 32'' TV that is connected to my PC with HDMI. Picture is all good but I cant find the right resolution, its either the length or width thats wrong. I've tried to make a custom resolution with nvidia (yes its my graphic card) but it only says that screen is not supporting that resolution. Any ideas?

What is the make and model of your TV? What is the make and model of the graphics card? Trying to help out, but need this information before proceeding.

[FONT=arial]1366x768 is the actual display resolution of that TV but I'd bet 1280x720 would look good on it as well. Either of those should be ideal.[/FONT]

You need to Google around, this is a common problem.

TV's will 'overscan' by default, so you need to turn this off. Try something like:
- Set that particular HDMI input to 'PC'.
- Play with TV menu to turn overscan off.
- Play with the NVIDIA driver settings and swab between GPU and DISPLAY as the scaler.
- Adjust the aspect ratio and 'zoom' settings on the TV.

In the end, some TV's are just annoying to get right, and some you can't get right at all.

By the way, try running at the native 1366x768 resolution. Running at 720p/1080p won't get the best results while not playing games (reading text etc).

You need to Google around, this is a common problem.

TV's will 'overscan' by default, so you need to turn this off. Try something like:
- Set that particular HDMI input to 'PC'.
- Play with TV menu to turn overscan off.
- Play with the NVIDIA driver settings and swab between GPU and DISPLAY as the scaler.
- Adjust the aspect ratio and 'zoom' settings on the TV.

In the end, some TV's are just annoying to get right, and some you can't get right at all.

I was thinking along those lines. HDMI has overscanning, so that made me wonder if that was the issue.

Thanks for the replys all! I played more with Nvidia drivers and I got it filled much better now, not perfect but Im satisfied

Yeah, the nVidia driver updates a bunch of under the hood stuff also. Glad you got it fixed somewhat :D.

Back