Tweaking Windows Repair 4.11.0 NOT

I think the TechSpot download section has been hacked. Software downloaded from it is not what it says it is and the last two software items I downloaded did not work as advertised.

Chromium 90 gets flagged by Microsoft Defender SmartScreen which stops the file from opening. I just downloaded what is supposed to be Tweaking Windows Repair 4.11.0 it is actually version 4.7.2 from Feb 29, 2020. If you don't believe me check the changelog.txt file located in the extracted zip file.

I then downloaded Tweaking Windows Repair 4.11.0 directly from the Tweaking.com website. It has the correct changelog.txt file. Also the file size is different 44,361 KB versus 37,147 KB from TechSpot.

Nothing's been hacked. I've just tried the Chromium 90 file and it opened fine for me - all downloads are checked for viruses and malware before they're released, and my own antivirus (ESET Smart Security) verified it as being fine. Defender has basically issued a false positive on the test.

With regards to the Tweaking Windows Repair file, apologies for that one - again, not a hacking issue, just an incorrect file. I'll pass the info on to the Downloads team.

I think the TechSpot download section has been hacked. Software downloaded from it is not what it says it is and the last two software items I downloaded did not work as advertised.

Chromium 90 gets flagged by Microsoft Defender SmartScreen which stops the file from opening. I just downloaded what is supposed to be Tweaking Windows Repair 4.11.0 it is actually version 4.7.2 from Feb 29, 2020. If you don't believe me check the changelog.txt file located in the extracted zip file.

I then downloaded Tweaking Windows Repair 4.11.0 directly from the Tweaking.com website. It has the correct changelog.txt file. Also the file size is different 44,361 KB versus 37,147 KB from TechSpot.
Fixed the Tweaking Windows Repair link. It was just pointing to the wrong version. Thanks for the heads up.

Back