UK woman tells Trump to take more care on Twitter after he mistakes her for his daughter

midian182

Staff member

If you’ve ever accidentally included the wrong username in a tweet, you’ll know that it has the potential to be pretty embarrassing, especially if it’s then quoted by someone with 20 million followers and who is about to become the leader of the free world.

Yes, Donald Trump’s Twitter activities are once again under the spotlight after the President-elect sent out a quote from another user praising his daughter, Ivanka Trump.

"Ivanka Trump is a great woman with real character and class," wrote Seekonk, Massachusetts resident Lawernce Goldstein late on Monday. But instead of using the correct @IvankaTrump handle, he mistakenly wrote @Ivanka – the username of Ivanka Majic, a council worker from Brighton, England.

The mistake probably went unnoticed among the 160-ish followers Goldstein had at the time, but when the soon-to-be President quoted it, people noticed the error. Trump was live-tweeting his daughter's CNN interview on Monday night when he failed to spot the mistake. It’s now been retweeted over 5000 times and has over 27,000 likes.

Majic, who has previously worked for the UK’s Labour Party, said it was only when her husband texted her that she discovered Trump had mentioned her in a tweet.

"I came downstairs to check my phone, and I had so many notifications," she told the BBC. "It's very unusual to be speaking to both ITV (a British broadcaster) and the BBC 45 minutes into your day."

Majic says this isn’t the first time someone on Twitter has used her profile name instead of Ivanka Trump’s, though it’s never come from such a high-profile account. She replied to the tweet, pointing out Donald Trump should take more care on the microblogging site while learning about climate change.

Permalink to story.

This is non news. Or flumpf as Karl Dilkington would call it ;)
Every stupid little thing Trump does now is apparently newsworthy. If he farts and it smells like tacos the peso goes up in value, if it smells like sushi then the yen goes up in value.

Not really. When the President of the US uses Twitter to launch policies regarding nuclear proliferation with Russia or imposing taxes on foreign companies, stupid mistakes like this could end with very serious consequences.

Then again, the world is upside anyway so maybe it will all be ok.

I bet inside the cap he's wearing it says "Made in China".

Even if it did it wouldn't change a thing. Trump has already admitted to outsourcing on multiple occasions. His followers don't care. The man himself won't bring jobs back to America, and he's had plenty of opportunity.

True or not, it will be at least 3 more days before you will know for sure. So come back in a week and tell us again, when the rest of us can fact check.

I think you mean 3 years. He's not going to sign a infrastructure bill his first day and the effects of legislation take time to implement.

Since we are in agreement that you couldn't possibly know today, we will skip my ignorance on just how much longer it will take.

Well, error-level Is a value, regardless of personal perception, lol. Blue Screen is certainly variable, depending upon depth of the code, but error-level ever increments.

True or not, it will be at least 3 more days before you will know for sure. So come back in a week and tell us again, when the rest of us can fact check.

I think you mean 3 years. He's not going to sign a infrastructure bill his first day and the effects of legislation take time to implement.
Did Trump even say that he was going to do an infrastructure bill? Seems to me it is more like "Silencers for All" :eek: I mean "The Hearing Protection Act," "Take Away Health Care from 10M Because They Don't Need It", and "Make Women Who's Pus$y's you grab Pregnant at all Costs".

Did Trump even say that he was going to do an infrastructure bill? Seems to me it is more like "Silencers for All" :eek: I mean "The Hearing Protection Act," "Take Away Health Care from 10M Because They Don't Need It", and "Make Women Who's Pus$y's you grab Pregnant at all Costs".

Yes he did. I know because I've watched all his rallies. He said that his infrastructure bill would focus on rebuilding our industrial infrastructure though, factories and the like.

Back