Unable to delete any folder and files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

imssystems

whenever i try to delete any file or folders, no matter where the location is, the msg for sending it to recycle bin question dissapeares within a second, just blinks and goes off. i am unable to delete any file from within my computer entire hard disk, what should i do >?

1. Have you tried deleting the files in Safe Mode?
Reboot> after the logo, before Windows starts to load, beging and continue tapping the F8 key until the system comes uop in Safe Mode.

2. Are the files for a running program?
Start> Run> > type in 'msconfig' without quotes> enter> Selective Start-up> Startup tab> uncheck any processes associated with the files you are trying to delete> Apply> OK. (See #4)

Reboot> Close the nag message after checking 'don't show this message again'
Try the deleting..

3. Are you sure you have deletions set to go to the Recycle bin?
Right click on Recycle Bin> Properties> make sure 'do not move the files to the recycle bin 'IS NOT checked.

4. Since you don't give any information about the types of files you're trying to delete, I can't be anymore specific.

If you're sure that you want rid of them then hold shift+delete and see if that works.

still unable to delete any of the files.

i have already tried all the methods, its not that i am unable to delete a particular file type, but any of the files and folders i am unable to delete. I have tried in safe mode too, but without success. even with shift + delete it doesnt work.

Then we come down to what kind of files and folders you're trying to delete. IF you have any malware, it is not going to let you delete it's files or folders. IF it's protected system folders, they are not going to let you delete the.

Please give us some idea of the file extension of a file or folder you can't delete:
Right click on file or folder> Properties> look for the file extension- usually, but not always, three letters after a dot. Look for info as to file type such as 'application'.

Additionally, have you set Folder Options to 'show hidden files and folders'?

i am still unable to delete files on my computer,

i am unable to delete any files or folders, no matter what type or extension it has. any sort of folder or files i cant delete. the message for sending it to recycle bin just blinks and dissapeares.

boot SAFE MODE
then TAKE ownership of the folder (as an admin group)
then add your user login to have FULL CONTROL

reboot normal mode and delete a file

Please tell me 'how' you're trying to delete a file. Do you do a right click> delete?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back