Unable to recover Gmail account

Mark Fuller

I am unable to recover my Gmail account because my phone number has changed and there is no option and they do not have an option in their menu to recover it if the phone number has changed. Is there any way to recover my account, Google is impossible to contact.

Not sure unless you remember your old phone number. Other then that you might have to make a new account.

I remember the old phone number but don't have the phone anymore. The only option in the recovery menu is to send a code via text message to that number to recover the account. It also has an option to send an email but then I can't access the email recovery account because the email accounts are what I am trying to recover. I wind up right back where I started in a kind of loop.

There is no option to recover my account if the phone number changed. That makes me mad because that's just the programmers and folks at Google not taking into account every set of circumstances that can arise in a situation where you need to recover an account.

What started this is the fact that the computer I was accessing my email accounts with died and before that I changed cellphone carriers. When you try to access you email with any new device you get a message that says they want to make sure it's you so you are promoted to either use a text to the old phone number or be sent an email to the account you are trying to access but can't because you are using a new device. Kind of like an impossible situation because I have a new device and a new phone number.

Back