Unexspected crashes at random intervals

Hello all,

First I would like to apologize as I am a total noob at computers and all help I can get is greatly appreciated.

Recently after moving out of home I purchased a new computer and after about a week i have started to encounter a number of difficulties.

I am running

-Intel core i7 3.0 ghz
-8gb Ram
-2x Radeon XFX HD5700 1GB (in i think its called crossfire)
- Windows 7 home edition 64bit
- 1tb HD
- Realtek audio
-1000 watt popwer suply

It began to crash at random intervals in start up, surfing the internet, and playing games. I updated my drivers and the problem continued. It then from crashing rolled itself back. During this roll out I lost catalyst. I called my father and he said to uninstall the drivers and reinstall. I have done this but the problem still exists.

The game i play when this occurs is Mount and Blade Warband, does not seem to occur dutring World of warcraft. Also when getting onto websites with large ammounts of media.

Could there be a conflict between some software. If so how do i find this to coorect?

or an error with my memory is there a test that i could run to check this?

Memtest86 is a good way to check memory... If the computer is as new as you suggest, take it back to where you bought it and have them check it out

Yes, because of the great specs of your new computer, I'm sure you spent a lot of $. I built my present system for $875

Back