Uninstalled audio device - HP 6820s laptop w/WIn Vista Business 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 6820s HP laptop has uninstalled the audio device. It won't let me reinstall it. When I try I get an error message that says "This Operating System is Not Supported by this Software." I am trying to install the current driver provided byHP for this hardware. I reinstalled the latest bios but that did not fix it. Need help and HP has been useless.

Why did it uninstall like that in the first place, Id be more worried about that.

Whats going on with your rig.

Also make sure proper HP model and proper driver Soo you pown a business 32 hehe

uninstall current driver then install latest certified drivers for that model. If its RealTek audio then that is what you need to install you can find it at www.guru3d.com ,,, gl

If I knew why it uninstalled I would'nt be going through all this. It just does it on bootup after installing misc. Windows updates. I think what is happending is that brilliant MS is corrupting their own driver files in Vista 32 with their own updates. Otherwise the compute works fine except after these episodes it runs slower and nothing seems to be able to improve that. I am fairly certain it is the operating system that is at fault here. The model and correct driver are not a issue as those I deal with correctly when I go searching for the driver on HP's website. It's a SoundMAX HD audio system.

1) Try reinstalling the chipset drivers as well
2) Are you already running Vista Service Pack2?? if no, update to SP2
3) Look at your BIOS settings. Does it report an Audio device? Do you see any option where onboard sound may be disabled?
4) If problem remains

Problem Device Report
  • Make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post

DirectX report
  • click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the reports. (If you don't see icon you may need to first cick Go Advanced)

Great information, LookinAround. Thanks for the education, which I sorely need. I am running SP2. I will check the BIOS settings. Right now the audio is back. I will keep this infor along with other threads in case the audio disappears again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back