Universal drops its first 'Doom: Annihilation' trailer

Polycount

Staff

A new Doom game is just around the corner, but fans of the demon-massacring franchise have more than that to look forward to - a Doom film is in the works as well.

While it's tough to say whether or not the film will do well this early on, movie adaptations of popular video game franchises are usually guaranteed an audience; even if it's a smaller one than a major blockbuster might pull in.

The movie, which has been dubbed "Doom: Annihilation," got its first exclusive trailer today. So far, the reception has been less than positive - as of writing, it has roughly 5,300 downvotes and 437 upvotes on YouTube. Many commenters are criticizing the film for looking cheaply-made.

However, we'll let you judge that for yourself. You can watch the "We Call it Hell" trailer above.

From what we can tell, the main character in the latest Doom games -- affectionately known as the "Doom Guy" -- doesn't appear to be present anywhere in the trailer. Instead, we see several fairly generic-looking soldiers, plenty of explosions, and a couple demon screeches for good measure.

It's obviously difficult to assess the quality of Annihilation before it's even released, but we're curious to see how you feel about the movie's first trailer. Let us know your thoughts in the comments.

Permalink to story.

A poorly made film based on a video game? I’m shocked! That’s never happened before! Now can we get Raúl Julia to play M Bison or JCVD for Col Guile?

Well, I watched the trailer before reading the article (or looking at anything else). I agree, it looks cheaply made.

This is probably the worst thing I've seen in a long time.

Who signs off on this stuff and thinks it's good? They must be beyond blind.

When liberals make movies (which is most movies) they always put more effort into stuffing it with propaganda than actually developing and fleshing out a good story and characters.

"pcnthuziast
When liberals make movies (which is most movies) they always put more effort into stuffing it with propaganda than actually developing and fleshing out a good story and characters."

Now, which "propaganda" you saw in this 30 second trailer that caused you so much butthurt??

Found the antifa cucks. Mission accomplished.

A) I'm non partisan and anti government B) Suffice to say not a Trump supporter C) Shun all the bs labels while playfully pinning them on plebes because trolling is fun and I always have fun so it's never a failure

Oh. Suddenly I don't feel so good...

The ONLY redeeming thing about this... "footage of people running around" is that there's a barrel that explodes on purpose. That's about it.

Based on the trailer, it seems like the woman is going to be the main character. So maybe the target audience is female gamers or feminists? Just a guess ;P

Also, dual wielding pistols does not improve accuracy. It just wastes ammo.

Back