Unstable system behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

In the recent days my computer with XP-SP2 suffers from:

1) Screen blacks suddenly, always no more than 2 minutes after windows startup (either before user login or after). In this status other devices seems to work properly (e.g I can work on its shared drives from another computer, play music, etc.).

2) Symptom 1 + Computer crashes (restart).

The strange thing is that if nothing bad happened for around 2 minutes after startup, it will work properly for days. Keeping the computer turned on, will solve the problem but I don't like this solution..

I will be thankful for any help. attached some mini dump files.

Last Error Report was:

BCCode : 1000000a BCP1 : FD418304 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 804DA0A2 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

Thanks,
yfinzi

Your minidumps all point to the same error which is 0xA and these are either caused by hardware or drivers attemptin to access a higher IRQ Level than they are designed for resulting in system crashes.

In all of your minidumps the same driver was noted as the cause for your issue: the Nvidia nv4_mini.sys which It is the Miniport driver for Nvidia based video adapters. It is essential for proper video rendering.

I suggest doing the following...

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

* Let us know if this resolves your issue.

*** Also, you really should seriously consider updating to Service Pack 3.

Thanks but not resolved yet

Route44 - Thank you very much !!
Unfortunately, after following all the instructions, the problem still occurs.
Attached the error code, and some minidump files.
I would be thankful for any suggestion..

The error code now is: BCCode 1000007f

Thanks,
Yair

One error is 0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

The other two errors are 0x000000EA: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
A device driver problem has caused the system to pause indefinitely (hang). Typically, this is caused by a display driver waiting for the video hardware to enter an idle state. This might indicate a hardware problem with the video adapter, or a faulty video driver.

All three point to the driver nv4_mini.sys and It is a miniport driver for Nvidia based video adapters. It is essential for proper video rendering.

* There is the possibility your video card itself is bad, but this is only conjecture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back