Update to "Hardware Bible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

VicRic

Sorry guys, I don't know if this is the right place to post this one.

A few years back I bought the book "Hardware Bible":
http://www.amazon.com/Winn-Rosch-Ha...197227-6134320?ie=UTF8&qid=1188143492&sr=11-1

I bought it but I didn't have much time to read it. Now that I really need to catch up with hardware issues I find that my expensive book, although very good and informative, it's sadly out of date.

Do you know if there's any web site associated to the book that keeps it updated, or if there's any web site that explains in a didactic way the basics of latest hardware technologies?

I know there are plenty of sites dedicated to hardware reviews but they are basically trying to sell you the gadget and not explain the fundamentals of the technology.

BRgds

Why do you need a book like this in the first place?

I have been working in the Computer/Electronics repair field for over 37 years... I have no problem with older or the newest technology. I may read a review or post about new technology from time to time. No printed book can possibly keep current with computer issues. Hardware changes every 4 to 6 months. However, computer hardware basics are pretty universal

read computer magazines, stick with this website and other tech sites. Computers change very quickly. What's hot today will be obsolete in a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back