Upgrade help

The following is my current configuration..

Intel 3rd gen core i5 processor
Intel DH61WW motherboard
GeForce GT610 2GB GPU
Seagate 3TB HDD
Trancend 4GB X 2 ram
Samsung Optical drive
Dell ST22 LED monitor
old local power supply unit is gone(suggest new one)

I just want to keep my processor, monitor, HDD, Monitor..
suggest me a motherboard and GPU, PSU..

budget 30K (max 35K)

The IGP in Ivy Bridge is better graphics by nearly double than GeForce GT610. If you don't need much better graphics than the GT610, a motherboard with better graphical support could be an option. If you prefer not to use IGP, we need to know what your plans are for the graphics card.
  • Do you game on this PC or do allot of video processing such as editing?
  • Are you planning on going with multiple monitors?
  • What resolutions are you expecting in the future for the card?
  • Are you limited to MicroATX or do you have room for a Standard ATX motherboard?
You mentioned a budget, but I don't know how to translate 30K (I'm assuming is not dollars) to dollars.

The IGP in Ivy Bridge is better graphics by nearly double than GeForce GT610. If you don't need much better graphics than the GT610, a motherboard with better graphical support could be an option. If you prefer not to use IGP, we need to know what your plans are for the graphics card.
  • Do you game on this PC or do allot of video processing such as editing?
  • Are you planning on going with multiple monitors?
  • What resolutions are you expecting in the future for the card?
  • Are you limited to MicroATX or do you have room for a Standard ATX motherboard?
You mentioned a budget, but I don't know how to translate 30K (I'm assuming is not dollars) to dollars.

1. Sometimes Gaming but mainly for Editing and video processing only
2. I m not planing to go with multiple monitors..
3. I am not limited to any motherboard.. suggest the best one..
4. my budget is in indian Rupees ₹30k(~ $500 - $600)

For $500, you need to cut back. I recommend going the AMD route since the Core i5 is half your budget already, and for video editing, you need a good GPU.

This is what I recommend:
CPU: AMD FX6350
Mobo: ASUS M5A78L-M LX Plus
RAM: 2x4GB RAM (Transcend is fine)
HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB
GPU: AMD Radeon 7790
PSU: Corsair CX500
Case: Corsair 200R

You may need to lower the GPU to something less powerful since you need a monitor also.

For $500, you need to cut back. I recommend going the AMD route since the Core i5 is half your budget already, and for video editing, you need a good GPU.

This is what I recommend:
CPU: AMD FX6350
Mobo: ASUS M5A78L-M LX Plus
RAM: 2x4GB RAM (Transcend is fine)
HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB
GPU: AMD Radeon 7790
PSU: Corsair CX500
Case: Corsair 200R

You may need to lower the GPU to something less powerful since you need a monitor also.

For $500 I want only the motherboard and GPU, PSU., I have other components already

Ok, get an ASUS P8-Z77V LK motherboard + Corsair TX650 PSU + nVidia Geforce GTX 760.
What JC said is good, though I would personally swap out the GTX 760 for an HD 7970 because they are down to the same price on the Saphire Version of the Cards and the 7970 is more powerful.

What JC said is good, though I would personally swap out the GTX 760 for an HD 7970 because they are down to the same price on the Saphire Version of the Cards and the 7970 is more powerful.

And if he waits for AMDs announcement next month they may get a further price cut.

Back